Tevez gets the Council House bombed.

marfig

No ROM battery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b-s4xQfZ_M
(warning: Some strong language)

A Good Player is not defined only for his technical abilities. His mind and personality will dictate how well he integrates into the cohesive force that is a Football Team and how respected he will be by his team mates. A Good Player practices Good Football, in and our of the pitch. And he does so with and without a ball. When he doesn't do that, he's not a Good Player, even if technically he's beyond reproach.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
"No fucking passion. He just doesn't care."

Well said. I used to be a big Tevez fan when he was with West Ham, but after transferring to Man U, things just began to fall apart. It seems with each transfer, he becomes more of a whiny brat.

"A quarter of a million pounds a week and he makes a decision because of some fucking bitch?"

Wow, LOL.

I didn't realize Hitler was so passionate about football.

marfig

No ROM battery
Yeah. The video goes a bit too far there. Although the underlying message to that still holds true. Also, definitely not something that was done by a ManCity fan, judging by the multiple "Man. City sucks" references.

And here's another thought:

I was not pleased either how Mancini dealt with it. He sounded like a kid throwing a tantrum because his group friends didn't want to play by his rules. And not as a leader of men, which is what they pay him to be. Whether he likes it or not, if a player refuses to play under his watch, a part of the responsibility falls on him. He's the manager and managers everywhere have long realized that they must coach but also lead. It's not by chance that the noun 'coach' has been falling in disuse. And more: If Tevez was on the bench that day, that's because Mancini put him there. And if Mancini put him there, that's because he clearly made a bad judgment. Tevez should have not been called for that match. If the coach (or any of his helpers) can't correctly evaluate if a player is physically and mentally ready for a match, they have a problem in how they coach this team.

I don't fully agree with some of the claims I've been reading that Mancini is a weak manager. But I see where that is coming from.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Mancini could have acted better, but I can relate to where he's coming from. It's Tevez's job to do what is needed by the team... that's why he gets paid well enough to buy a Ferrari each and every week if he wanted to. He always goes to the media to cry like a baby despite things being amazing for him. His manager needed him to come out to the pitch, and he didn't.

Would that work in any other line of work? I'm leaning towards "no". I used to work for a supermarket, and trust me, if I didn't get along with someone, or didn't like my boss, I couldn't just get away with not doing my job. I'd be fired quicker than you could say "You're fired.". Tevez seems to think he can get away with anything. You don't see Robin van Persie sobbing like a bitch to the media when Wenger won't start with him... that's the difference between remaining professional and not.

Tevez claims that there's more than meets the eye to this story, but so far nothing has surfaced. He's not even allowed to talk about it at the moment that I'm aware of, and Mancini is trying to wash his hands of it all, just letting FIFA and Man C management to deal with it.

Tevez better hope he has a case on his hands, because he stands to lose eight weeks wages if it's found that he had no legitimate reason to refuse Mancini's request to come onto the pitch.

Could you imagine if Tevez was still at Man U and acted like this? I don't think Sir Alex Ferguson would have put up with it for too long.

marfig

No ROM battery
Oh, absolutely! I don't mean to imply Tevez is exempt. He represents everything I detest in high profile sports these days.