Terabyte of RAM?

BigTymer5o4

Obliviot
I was browsing through laptops, and came across this one, priced at roughly $19,000. They claim to have 1TB of their own customised RAM, or so I understand. Can anyone verify this for me? Thanks.

Atomchip SG220-2

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Looks incredibly shady to me, I would not remotely consider it. 1TB of ram doesn't make any sense... -nobody- needs that. Big massive powerful servers don't have 1/20th of that.

I think they mean 1TB of HDD space... optical though as opposed to a standard hard drive.

BigTymer5o4

Obliviot
Looks incredibly shady to me, I would not remotely consider it. 1TB of ram doesn't make any sense... -nobody- needs that. Big massive powerful servers don't have 1/20th of that.

I think they mean 1TB of HDD space... optical though as opposed to a standard hard drive.

Ahh, thanks, I was thinking something similar, the thing that confused me was that after it said 1TB of ram it then said it had 2TB in HDD space, which seemed VERY hard to believe, considering the low price and the fact that it was a notebook.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yes for sure. For that price I'd rather a nice desktop and a car to carry it with, lol.

T-Shirt

E.M.I.
If they want to send me one for extended testing..........;)
The first thing that jump out at their site was
Welcome to the World of Nanomicrons and Beyond!
Nanomicron? what they hell is that?
Too many made up buzz words, too much hype, too few facts!
I vote scam, or at best, too well disguised parody.