Tabula Rasa Pre-Orders Open Up

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
As usual, from our news:
I have mixed feelings towards Tabula Rasa, because the final game is -nothing- at all like the original screenshots. When a game goes through such a drastic transformation, it has to make you wonder how well it will fare when all said and done. Luckily, RPG guru Richard Garriott is the man behind the game, so it can't be that bad.

NCsoft has just opened pre-orders for the game, which releases on October 2, and with it comes a slew of benefits. First, you get a full three-day head start on the live servers. Add to that, you get a code to unlock bonus in-game content, exclusive Shell Bot or Pine-Ock pets, two exclusive emotes (*sweet*) and of course, beta access.
<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
tabula_rosa_box_art_081807.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game that takes you, the player, into lush forest planets, volcanic moons, and exotic alien civilizations. Face off against powerful xenophobe soldiers, armored mechanoids, and vicious predators! Use a wide range of weapons and unique LOGOS powers to help the Allied Free Sentients (AFS) in their desperate fight against extinction. Tabula Rasa combines a vast, persistent game world and ongoing storyline with fast-paced action, resulting in a striking new approach to the design of multiplayer online games.

Source: Tabula Rasa Official Site

brin

Obliviot
I have always looked up to Richard Garriott - unfortunately I think he "played the game" too much for this RPG - and instead of bringing something new to the table, he (and his name :\) are going to get beat down HARD.

I think there is a little too much money chasing in the industry in this day, this leads the developers to try to make games that are appealing to ALL players, new and old alike, and this usually leaves both pretty peeved.

Best of luck to my man though.

Tramapolean

Obliviot
This game looks very interesting, although I am keen to see how they implement the regular roles of tank/healer/damage dealers mix for squads. What I find especially hilarious though is that it looks like their tank has to stand in front of stuff with a blunt stick :) But because of this, it is the role I want to try and do :)

Ratneck

Obliviot
I'm still not 100% sure on this...I don't have the reactions for a real "twitch" shoot-em-up, but I thought the targeting rectile in this was supposed to be forgiving (so the consoles could compete with mouse and keyboard players). I want to give it a shot, if for no other reason then I haven't seen a good sci-fi online game in a long time....Of course, I know that's just personal preference.