Surprise: People are pissed off about Rogers iPhone plans

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
Sounds like the same story I read. The real problem IS that Rogers has the only decent network so they have been given a monopoly by the apathy of the competition. Sad really. My only real choice for a pay-as-you-go is FIDO and Rogers owns them so I am still effectively going to be giving them a-holes my money......

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's a bad situation, that's for sure. It's truly ridiculous that we have to care so badly about who we go with for our cellular service, and the fact that there is NO selection doesn't help things.

Rogers sucks and overcharges, and Bell sucks even more and still overcharges. It's a total lose/lose. We are going to have to rough it out until real competition comes along. I'm quite sure Rogers will be feeling the effect of their ways when that happens.

The same goes with cable and Internet though. Not only is my cell through them, but so is my cable (-no- competition), my Internet (-no- competition, unless I want 3Mbit DSL), my home phone (it's actually inexpensive, but VOIP-based) and my cell.

Four services through one company, just because there is really no competition up here. That said, I've been quite pleased with the service I've received from them, I can admit. They've always been easy to deal with on the phone and I've gotten things fixed quick that were broke. That still doesn't outweigh the way we get ripped off though.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I am quite lucky with cable and internet. I use Cogeco and they are a much better deal than Rogers, plus I use Vonage for my home phone so I don't get raped by Bell. I only pay $95 after taxes for 72 cable channels and a 10Mbit 60GB cap internet plan.

I dislike Rogers for the same reasons you do. I can't really complain about their service as well, just the lack of value.