Store coupon strategy...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Here's a clever strategy for grocery-store coupons from The Simple Dollar: sit on your coupons for a month, then spend them. Coupons are often the leading edge of product promotion, which features progressively deeper savings. By waiting a month, you can apply your coupons to an already discounted price. Food prices are up -- do something about it.

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/01/23/clever-grocerystore.html

I don't recall the last time, if ever, I used a coupon, but this was an interesting read. If you know someone who uses coupons often, pass it along! I'd be interested in seeing how true this is in most places.

madtechnical

Obliviot
Definitely an interesting article, I have been looking for good coupon strategies, I just started in the clipping coupons regimen and have not been doing too good. I suppose I will try this strategy and see how it goes, thanks for the share.

eunoia

Partition Master
I'd say there's quite a bit of truth to this, except that the promotion cycles are not fixed and can vary from a few weeks to several months. A better system is to organize coupons by expiry date.

There are entire web forums devoted to deals, coupons, freebies and contests. Sadly they're becoming ever more popular as our economic prospects become grimmer.