Still have Pc-3200?

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
CPU's cost to much to let them run there all the time, I have to make a CPU last a long time and save up for each part I buy.

MaRm

Obliviot
sbrehm72255 said:
Only bench it there and play some games at those speeds................:D
Most of the time it's running at a mild 9x250 1.45 bios........:cool:

What type of cooling do you have for running it at 2.7 GHZ?

discharge

Obliviot
sbrehm72255 said:
CPU's cost to much to let them run there all the time, I have to make a CPU last a long time and save up for each part I buy.

I disagree with those who say that a CPU will die faster if you run it at a higher speed. That is plain BS. You could run your CPU at 2.7 gig and have it last as long as another running at 2.2 gig. Excessive heat can cause a CPU to decay faster. The key word is "excessive". If it is not running at excessive heat then the CPU speed is not a factor in how long the chip lasts.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
There's a lot of internal factors to take into account also, the excessive voltage also degrades the circuits over time also. They were only designed to withstand so much...........;) Kinda like running 30 amps through your houehold line that was setup to take only 20, sooner or latter something has to give.............;)

adabo24

Obliviot
You got water cooling and do not overclock to the max? Thought all you watercoolers always overclocked to the extreme.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
adabo24 said:
You got water cooling and do not overclock to the max? Thought all you watercoolers always overclocked to the extreme.
Only for testing and benching or hard core gaming like a lan..............:D
I really don't see any reason in the world to run a max OC all week while I'm doing office work...................:eek:
And to reset to my different OC, it's a simple matter of booting into the bios, going to the saved settings and reload, I always reboot before gaming anyway.

adabo24

Obliviot
sbrehm72255 said:
Only for testing and benching or hard core gaming like a lan..............:D
I really don't see any reason in the world to run a max OC all week while I'm doing office work...................:eek:
And to reset to my different OC, it's a simple matter of booting into the bios, going to the saved settings and reload, I always reboot before gaming anyway.

I hate to reboot. I often have dozens of windows open at once. (multitasking) and when I reboot I lose everything.

skyrise

Obliviot
adabo24 said:
I hate to reboot. I often have dozens of windows open at once. (multitasking) and when I reboot I lose everything.

No way to save your window contents and positions before rebooting and restore them after the reboot finishes?

MaRm

Obliviot
Try emailing the idea as a suggestion to Microsoft. Maybe they will implement it in a future version of Windows.

werty316

Partition Master
adabo24 said:

No sense in leaving windows open when not in use; it just eats up resources. I know someone who does the same thing. It just slows a system down. Why would you want all your windows to open back up when you reboot? It just make boot up slower.

supramax

Obliviot
MaRm said:
Try emailing the idea as a suggestion to Microsoft. Maybe they will implement it in a future version of Windows.

Got to be joking. Microsoft does not listen to the "little people". Try to email them, and they will never even open the email, let alone read it.

skyrise

Obliviot
werty316 said:
Send them a mail bomb or anthrax in an envolope that'll get their attention ;)

In this extremely paranoid world we live in, it is not even funny to joke about stuff like that, specially if you live in the USA. All someone has to do is make a copy of your post, email it to Homeland Security, and your be rooming with some guy named Bubba soon enough.

Not funny :eek:

gliffy

Obliviot
Yeah it is not a good idea to joke.

It was on the local news about someone saying the word "bomb" in an Airport as a joke and getting arrested.