Still have Pc-3200?

Uc-ker

Obliviot
I have a computer that requires PC-3200. Is that what most people here have in their systems? Do a lot of people have DDR2 computer systems?

madmat

Soup Nazi
Depends upon what kind of PC they run. Most Intels now run DDR2 and all AMDs run DDR, either PC3200 or faster.

Older Intels run DDR as well, in fact I have 2 gigs of PC3200 in mine.

Fr00zen

Obliviot
Built my machine one and a half years ago. Has regular DDR memory which I'm overtiming of course to get the best performance out of it. I'm pretty sure that my next machine will be a DDR2 baby.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
This is what I normally run my PC3200 at..........;)

superpi3086bd.jpg

ramspeed1ez.jpg

Worldstar

Obliviot
Who manufacturers your PC-3200. If its generic brand memory, then getting 250 mhz out of it would be killer. But top of the line memory can overclock even higher.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Check the timings..............it's OCZ with BH5 IC's, they don't go much higher at those timings.............;), Now if I were to looen the timings on TCCD ram (just about any brand) I can get to DDR600 out of a good set...............:) but they won't push those tight of timings at DDR500.

SqueekyClean

Obliviot
I still use PC100 on one rig!! Talk about ancient :)

The PC100 rig is uses for miscellaneous things, such as running a firewall. My main rig uses PC3200.

izzie

Obliviot
SqueekyClean said:
I still use PC100 on one rig!! Talk about ancient :)

The PC100 rig is uses for miscellaneous things, such as running a firewall. My main rig uses PC3200.

How fast does your PC100 run?

If it is using PC100 memory, then it can't be a very fast comp.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Pc-3200 is really suited for AMD processors right now. Intel is beyond that with their DDR2 and PC4200 ram sticks. If you were to ask Intel users it'd be a different result than AMD users. Pc-3200 is the standard now for AMD.

discharge

Obliviot
Jakal said:
Pc-3200 is really suited for AMD processors right now. Intel is beyond that with their DDR2 and PC4200 ram sticks. If you were to ask Intel users it'd be a different result than AMD users. Pc-3200 is the standard now for AMD.

Intel differs from AMD, because Intel sells pure GHZ. There processors are sold based on their number of GHZ. Intel focuses on the highest possible GHZ and they need fast RAM that can keep up with the speed of the processor. AMD focuses more on the efficiently of their processors. They try to release processors that get the most efficiency out of every drop of GHZ. Thats why an AMD processor running at 2.4 GHZ can do as well or better then an Intel processor at 3 GHZ. It is because AMD doesn't rely as heavily on high GHZ that they work fine with PC-3200 memory. Don't require as much memory bandwidth to get the performance out of their chips.

chillout

Obliviot
Yes, I still got PC3200! I have 512 MB of PC3200 memory. It is GEIL brand memory. Looking to upgrade soon to 1 gig of memory.

werty316

Partition Master
AMD users have not choice to use DDR1 untill the AM2 is out.

Damn sbrehm do ou run your system always at 1.7V? Isn't that risky even with WC'ing?

werty316

Partition Master
supramax said:
DDR1 and PC3200 mean the same thing.

Did you mean to say DDR2?

I didn't mention anything about this and I know that so what are you talking about?

I currently use Patriot XBL 2x512MB sticks.

Last edited:

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
werty316 said:
AMD users have not choice to use DDR1 untill the AM2 is out.

Damn sbrehm do ou run your system always at 1.7V? Isn't that risky even with WC'ing?
Only bench it there and play some games at those speeds................:D
Most of the time it's running at a mild 9x250 1.45 bios........:cool:

werty316

Partition Master
Same here. I run mine at 2.2GHz (245x9) @1.4V when gaming; sometimes I run it at 2.4GHz (266x9) @1.4V but ususally 2.2GHz