Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
There have been some major announcements made in the tech industry over the past two weeks, but this might be the biggest, and the most important. It has just been announced that Steve Jobs has resigned as CEO at Apple, handing over the reigns to the previous head of the company's worldwide sales and operations, Tim Cook.

steve_jobs_082511.jpg

Read the rest of our post and discuss it here!

JMMDTG

Obliviot
It was only a matter of time. He definitely needs to get away from his work and deal with his health problems.

MacMan

Partition Master
The last thing I wanted to hear, but knew was coming. Apple already lost $20 per share in after market trading, which is about $20 billion dollars and no doubt it will be a bloodbath when the markets open in the morning.

Tim Cooke has been running the company for the most part anyway, not once, but several times in fact and I'm sure that Apple will continue on the same course as it has been doing all along.

Steve will remain with Apple, as Chairman of the Board, but it's quite obvious his health is not looking that great and I just hope that the next announcement won't be his of his passing, which wouldn't surprise me.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Apple already lost $20 per share in after market trading, which is about $20 billion dollar

22 million shares * $20 = $440,000

Or about the price of an iPhone. Alright, I kid ;)

Tim Cooke has been running the company for the most part anyway, not once, but several times in fact and I'm sure that Apple will continue on the same course as it has been doing all along.

I don't see much changing either to be honest, though the presentations will never be the same. There are few who can give keynotes quite like Steve, as overenthusiastic as they sometimes may be.

MacMan

Partition Master
22 million shares * $20 = $440,000

Or about the price of an iPhone. Alright, I kid ;)

I don't see much changing either to be honest, though the presentations will never be the same. There are few who can give keynotes quite like Steve, as overenthusiastic as they sometimes may be.
By the way, 22 million x 20 is $440 million, but you must remember:

Apple has 933,000,000 outstanding shares, or about $18.6 billion! Apple's stock has improved, being only $11 or so short. Apple is expected to go on, more or less as usual:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article..._to_departures_of_walt_disney_henry_ford.html

Last edited: