Steam Unveils Mobile App for iOS and Android - A Quick Look

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Fans of Valve's Steam platform have long requested a mobile app to be built around the service, and catering to that demand, one is finally en route. The app at the current time is in a closed beta stage, but it can still be downloaded by anyone who wants to add their name to the list of beta hopefuls (the respective app pages can be accessed here.)

steam_mobile_012012_01.png

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I wouldn't be in the beta if not for being press. I expect that this thing will launch soon to be honest, since it seems quite solid. I am sure this closed beta is just to find some incompatibility bugs and then it will launch.

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
I wouldn't be in the beta if not for being press. I expect that this thing will launch soon to be honest, since it seems quite solid. I am sure this closed beta is just to find some incompatibility bugs and then it will launch.

Guess what... IM IN lol. I noticed today my steam inventory had an item and its Steam Mobile Access.

Signed in my phone and sure enough didnt get the message this time and im able to use it woohoo!

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Interesting, I could have told you that last night! I had a bonus code so I was going to send it to you but it told me you already had it ;-)

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
Interesting, I could have told you that last night! I had a bonus code so I was going to send it to you but it told me you already had it ;-)

Turns out the first 95,000 people who tried to login were given access at some point along with the ability to invite one as well.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yes, it's considered "final" as far as I can tell. That beta period was shorter than I even expected.