Steam tries out Friends List again

Jakal

Tech Monkey
<a href ="http://www.steamreview.org/?p=38">Linkity</a>

Well if you use steam you might have run across an update. I personally get a lil peeved when the news box or update box pops up and I immediately close it. Well, that happend yesterday and I actually took the time to read it. There were no pictures, which is unusual, so I figured it was probably an important message.

Looks like Steam has distributed a working Friends List. I hope it turns out better than before. Considering I play DoD daily it'll come in handy.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
I've got Xfire.. but I don't use it.. :/. Don't have anybody to add really. I've just heard so much crap about the friends list, and it's good that they've finally gotten it done.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
izzie said:
Hated that steam stuff in Half Life 2. Talking about going overboard on copyprotection.

Tell me about it. It's fun trying to run HL2 benchmarks when the PC is not even online.

andanton

Obliviot
I never played HL2, but I heard a lot about it thru others.

Wasn't there suppose to be an offline mode for HL2 that would let the game play while offline? If there was no way to play the game while offline, then what would you do if you purchased the game and didn't have an internet connection yet? A lot of parents buy games for young kids and I know they don't have an internet connection yet.

skyrise

Obliviot
andanton said:
I never played HL2, but I heard a lot about it thru others.

Wasn't there suppose to be an offline mode for HL2 that would let the game play while offline?

You needed an internet connection to activate the game.