StarCraft II Becomes Best-Selling Strategy Game of All Time

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
StarCraft II might be causing grief for some gamers, with overheating graphics cards, but that has done little to throttle the initial success of the game, with over 1,000,000 copies sold on launch day. As Blizzard notes in its press release, the game sold 1 million in the first 24 hours, and then 1.5 million by the end of the first 48 hours. Thanks to this, StarCraft II has become the fastest-selling strategy game of all time.

starcraft_ii_080410.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I was a HUGE SC fan, and now I am in the land of SC (Korea) and I cant get an English version cheaper than a 20% markup at least!

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
u gotta try the campaign man! its awesome! ;)

Okay, I've beaten it on medium. The campaign is actually easy... unless you play on hard and try for all objects/achievements, then it starts getting hairy. :D Halfway through it on hard to collect the hard-requirement achievements and the challenge... it's definitely fun. I can beat a hard comp now as any race, but very hard and brutal difficulties still get me...

I was a HUGE SC fan, and now I am in the land of SC (Korea) and I cant get an English version cheaper than a 20% markup at least!

You can buy the game via direct download from their own website for the original price. You'd need to make sure you downloaded the US version though, not sure if you can select it with their system.