ss9-hires.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 517
  • ss10-hires.jpg
    ss10-hires.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 550

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I don't know. I was to busy playing Age of Empires II when StarCraft was incredibly popular. I have played StarCraft maybe three times in the past. I will give this one a try but I can't jump on the bandwagon yet because I don't have an emotional link to the first one.

MacMan

Partition Master
Is it really worth it?

... and all I can say is... wow.

http://www.starcraft2.com/

Starcraft2 was also just announced for the Mac, but my question is it really worth it for a person who is only a part time gamer like myself? I want to build up a library for occasional play and was wondering if this would be a good game to start with and what other games would you recommend? You guys know a lot more about gaming than I, so your input would be nice! :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'd pick up the original first, just to see if you enjoy the genre. It's available for the Mac also and I'm sure it's cheap as heck.

NicePants42

Partition Master
I'd pick up the original first, just to see if you enjoy the genre. It's available for the Mac also and I'm sure it's cheap as heck.
I agree completely. You can get the Star Craft Battle Chest (includes the expansion) for $20 at several different stores.

I'm a big fan of the original game (Zerg!) - everything about it was great, and new custom maps always kept it interesting.

Have you played Warcraft 3? It's like that - but with spaceships, aliens, lasers and crap.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Warcraft III is another good one, but I still preferred the older ones for some reason. Nothing will touch Starcraft. I am not even a huge RTS fan, but that's the only title that ever managed to steal my attention.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I'm a big fan of the original game (Zerg!) - everything about it was great, and new custom maps always kept it interesting.

Wc3 was different from SC in alot of ways.
I would compare wc2 to it maybe...

The Xal'naga have concluded that the Protoss are the most perfect beings in the universe. They shall drive the scourge that is the zerg from Aiur and then determine if the humans are worth letting survive!

p.s.

MY LIFE FOR AIUR!

Last edited:

NicePants42

Partition Master
Wc3 was different from SC in alot of ways.
Yeah, the heroes annoy the crap out of me.

The Xal'naga have concluded that the Protoss are the most perfect beings in the universe. They shall drive the scourge that is the zerg from Aiur and then determine if the humans are worth letting survive!

p.s.

MY LIFE FOR AIUR!
You are on. I will reinstall SC and BW this evening, and then I will be at your service.

Seatwo

Obliviot
i really loved playing Starcraft, and Starcraft II look even better, cant wait for it to be released.

ComradeWolf

Obliviot
I think this game will definetely build up to the hype it's creating, and will most definetely will raise the bar for future RTS games.