Sparkle Calibre P850+ 8500GT 512MB

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Having trouble deciding on which entry-level GPU to pick up? Sparkle's Calibre series might make your decision easier with it's P850+. In addition to DX10 support and a unique LED-readout, it offers an additional 200MHz on the core and 320MHz on the memory over reference 8500GTs.

You can read the full review here and discuss it here.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Could they make the name just a wee bit longer? I had enough time to read the whole name in under twelve hours!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Could they make the name just a wee bit longer? I had enough time to read the whole name in under twelve hours!

Haha. It appears to be a very solid entry level card. While it wont push the larger monitors that many gamers now have, a overwhelming majority of gamers have 19" monitors or less. This card would serve almost anyone, hard core enthusiasts aside, well.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member

It's hardly long, to be honest. I won't mention which sites specifically, but some list out every possible detail in the title, to the extent that it's hilarious. Also, it's better than having some name you need to slow-type to get right:

Gigabyte GV-NX85T256H GeForce 8500GT 256MB

MakubeX

Partition Master
Pretty card, although I would never get it since for a very few bucks more you can get an 8600GT, but it does have some nice bling.

But why all the bling for the low end cards?! I want that bling in my 8800GTX. And I know space isn't an issue on the GTX since it crosses the damn motherboard from side to side. :mad:

linnerd40

Obliviot
Does anyone know where I could buy one of these? I am looking for a budget card, and this card looks too awesome to pass up. Will it do any good on my 20.1" monitor? Would it make more sense to get a 7600GT? Thanks!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I wish I could recommend a card for you, but I've never used a 7600GT. I am assuming that it would treat you better when compared to the 8500GT though. As for the Sparkle card specifically, you won't be able to purchase it in North America. Any other 8500GT should treat you well though. It might just not overclock as high as this one had.