Sonic Unleashed is Official

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
Late March, we posted about a new Sonic game that was en route. Although at the time, nothing was official, and the sources were still sketchy, despite having a detailed trailer available. We have to wonder no more, however, as Sega has finally made the game official. It is indeed going to be called Sonic Unleashed, so we will just have to hope that it's unbad, unlike the previous Sonic the Hedgehog game.

The game mixes 2D and 3D elements together and offers fast gameplay. Based from the early trailer, the game looks incredibly hopeful. Graphics don't make a game, but the environments here are sure to add a lot to the eye candy. In a 2D view, you can see further in the background... probably of different parts of the level that you will at some point reach.

Hit up the link and check out the updated trailer. It's worth it, but it's going to be difficult to wait until the end of the year to see the game hit the shops!

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
sonic_unleashed_032408.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>
The announcement hints at the new 3D portions of the game in which Sonic turns into a werewolf, another well-known secret I'm sure they'll officially reveal somewhere down the line. For now, enjoy the extended version of the video you've already watched, now with extra-added Sonic goodness!

Source: Kotaku

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
An open letter to God

Lord,

If your listening, and not simply some figment of humanities imaginations, do not let this game continue down the path of the last Sonic games. So many of us can attribute some of our best childhood memories to the blue little guy. Please don't let those memories continue to be ransacked. We need a good Sonic game. Let this be it.

-Greg

Jen McPherson

Resident Artist Nerd
My sentiments exactly, Greg. I love Sonic, and seeing how they've gone and sent him down #@#@'s creek without a paddle has been upsetting. I'm sorry but Sonic will always be a 2D scroller, no matter how hard they keep trying to make it 3D. I find that games who don't stick to their roots end up becoming a joke... and sadly Sonic is becoming living proof of that. What is the Sonic Team thinking?!

Making more hedge hogs, more annoying characters... MAKE IT STOP! I hate Shadow, the emo freak that he is, and now there's what, Silver or whatever the crap his name is. GRAH!

Also, his name is Dr Robotnik and so should be called just that, Robotnik, not Egg Man. How lame. #!@#!@~!

I really hope they rescue Sonic in this one. I'm hoping it'll be good. *crosses fingers*

</rant>

Last edited:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Give me Sonic... I would even take Tails and Knuckles (Sonic and Knuckles was a great game) but I agree, they can keep Shadow.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Sonic adventure was a good game IMO.

I like knuckles more than tails.

And please let this be better than sonic games of late.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Sonic adventure was a good game IMO.

I like knuckles more than tails.

And please let this be better than sonic games of late.
It was something so different at the time of first release, no one else had anything in mindh like that

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage: