So I started playing this game called Warcraft..

World of Warcraft, of course.

To tell the truth, I played for two days in July this year when I had a 10-day trial, but I never got into it. I found a pretty good deal on a forum I visit a few weeks ago, so I took the plunge.

I play a Druid Night Elf on Arthas called Mellias (I'm considering switching), and an Orc Worrior on Destromath called Meser. If anyone happens to play on these servers, feel free to add me to your friends list.

Unfortunately, the game came with two 60-day prepaid game cards, so I might be busy for a while. :eek:

madstork91

The One, The Only...
quit now... google: rappelz

oh and wc3 > WoW

Next time you say Warcraft mean it. Not the pathetic spin off that ruined a good storyline.

Next time you say Warcraft mean it. Not the pathetic spin off that ruined a good storyline.
I was never really a fan of the Warcraft series anyway (though I've been meaning to get into Diablo, but I'm too cheap). The story doesn't mean much to me because I've never gotten into it.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Its a good one ;-p

The diablo series was a good one too... though the story line is loosely written so that it can adapt to any new games features.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
As far as MMO's go, WoW is not too bad, but could be way better. Last time I played was in the beta... so I have no clue what it's like now.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That's an oddity, I don't recall that. WoW is not too bad as a game, it's by far not one of the better MMO's I've played. It's fine for newbies who want to get into the MMO realm, but there are better games out there.

Like Asheron's Call.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Rappelz is free... :) and so far im liking it alot. Maybe not as much as i enjoyed lineage 2 at one point, but definately better than WoW

leecho7

Partition Master
Unfortunately for me, WoW is pretty much the only PC game I can play on my not-so-gaming-friendly Mac...
Cheers to Blizzard, though, for keeping us mac-users in mind.
Other than that... the only compatible games are... Civilization IV (which my outdated imac can't play) and the Sims and Sims 2.

The only MMOs I've played would be Rognarok Online (when the beta was out) and City of Heroes. I don't remember much from Rognarok, but CoH was a hollow experience. You created a character, fought bad guys, leveled up, and fought more NPCs. There was no currency, PvP, or items. The only thing that kept me going was the theme (flying around a city and using super powers was freaking awesome).

WoW seems to be much more social game. I can't really speak from experience, but I'm have a much better time.

@ madstork91: It was a beta for a reason.

Now that I think of it, I'm actually I'm surprised I like the game so much. I always thought of putting so much time into a game was pointless, but now that I realize I'm having fun while I'm playing, MMOs don't seem as uninteresting.

Last edited:

madstork91

The One, The Only...
try out CoH again... they have alot of new additions since the last time you played. Im serious when i say that Rappelz is a fun game as far as free games go.

I know it was a beta... but blizzard really disapointed me with that.

Jen McPherson

Resident Artist Nerd
The only two mmo's out there that have managed to make me come back time and time again are Dark Age of Camelot and Asheron's Call. I love AC because it was my first experience in the mmo environment, and it was just a great deal fun exploring such a vast landscape, doing things with friends... it was one of the greatest times I've had playing any online game.

Dark Age is great for pvp, or rvr as most call it. It keeps you on the edge of your seat, that's for certain. Of all pvp systems I found that DAoC had the best. I personally don't like to deal with griefers and bitchy whinny babies when it comes to pvp, and with daoc you can fight people, and not have to hear it because the realms can't communicate with each other. Sure, you can emote one another, which is funny. I really enjoyed the battle grounds, and was by far the most entertaining of any pvp I've done in any game.

Biggest drawbacks to both titles is that they are, unfortunately and inevitably, outdated. But still a load of fun nonetheless.

I've played WoW, and it's not a bad game, it just doesn't have those elements that keep a player coming back... at least not for a person with my expectations. ^^