Snob? Here's the magazine for you!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Russia's super-rich love to flaunt their wealth. Soon they will have a magazine called Snob to help them.

Mikhail Prokhorov -- whose wealth is estimated at around $22 billion -- plans to spend $150 million setting up a magazine, website and television station called Snob, the general director of the new venture told Reuters on Wednesday.

"It's for people who are successful and those who want to be successful," said Andrei Shmarov, who will run Snob.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080423/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_russia_rich

In other news, I'll soon be launching my own magazine called "Tool". The first cover article will feature Mikhail Prokhorov.

slugbug

Coastermaker
Lifestyles of the Rich and Shameless broadcast for all to see. No thanks :p

Rob, would you be interested in doing a story of my brother in law in your magazine? He's a major Tool :)

MakubeX

Partition Master
Ok I gotta ask... cuz I've had this doubt for the longest time. What exactly does it mean to call someone a tool? Someone that's easily manipulated or what? :confused:

Conrad

Obliviot
It's basically just derogatory. Like calling someone a "dick" for example. You're not saying they're actually a phallus, but you just want to express distaste.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Well, "Tool" is just derogatory like Conrad said... to me, it's just a fill-in word. It might mean a hundred different things.

To me, Tool = Idiot, pretty simple.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Yeah, on games when we have people just logging on to harass or be jerks, or are script kiddies they also are given the name "tool" along with a prompt ban. ;)