Skyrim Collectors Edition

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I found this today and I honestly got a little excited for this Collectors Edition. The price tag is $150 so those with a hesitant pocket book may not be too happy with it, but for me it has a damn Dragon! I am getting it, besides I played the hell out Oblivion I'm confident that Skyrim will not disappoint. :D

skyrimcollectors.jpg

marfig

No ROM battery
Love Collector editions. But as usual we Europeans get screwed over the price.

150 USD = 105 Euros, not 150 as it will be charged.
150 USD = 91 Pounds, not 130 as it will be charged.

And Aussies get the shaft
150 USD = 143 AUD, not 200 AUD as it will be charged.

Anyways, looks like a beautiful edition no doubt. Do let us know when you get it about the quality of the Art book. I always found those to be the weakest. I love art books, but they are meaningless without text explaining them, which unfortunately is what happens most of the time. Heck, often we don't even get the artist signature.

As for the statue: I'm not in a rotten mood, honest. But PVC? Really? C'mon! Stop doing that. You know, some of us actually like to paint our miniatures. But alright, not everyone cares about that. But PVC also sucks at capturing minute details. I remember when The first DVDs of Lord of the Rings came out (the special extended edition). The first and second films came with beautifully carved statues in polystone. The first film included two statues of the Argonaths and the second a statue of Gollum. I could never get the third on time of going out of sale. But it was Minas Tirith fortress.

Polystone does wonders in capturing minute details from the cast, can be han-painted and it is as cheap to process. The special extended editions of the films where being sold at much lower prices than this collector edition, for instance. The result? Well, stuff like this. Do that in PVC.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
For $150, that dragon better suck a mean...uh, hey kids!

No thanks.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I've stopped purchasing collector's editions of games, because I end up never wanting them for too long. The last one I had purchased was for Halo 3, which came with some plastic helmet. Ended up playing the game for like 10 hours total and ended up donating the helmet, haha. I just never keep things around, but being used to having an absolute lack of room might help with that.

That dragon looks damn sweet nonetheless though. I'm with marfig, interested in the art book. Last good art book I had from a collector's edition was with Lineage II. I still happen to have that.