Silverstone Strider ST56F 560W PSU

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Power supplies are often overlooked when building a system, but they shouldn't be! The ST56F is a great example of what a PSU should include feature wise. Boasting a 560W power output and 80% efficiency, it's obvious that this has the fuel to feed to your beefy system.

If you have any questions or comments on the review, feel free to post them here!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
A little FYI...

I will be getting in a second 7800 GT next week and will plug it in and see how 2 GPUs effect the rails on this PSU. I am assuming that it won't matter at all but I am curious to see how it holds up with everything that I reviewed it with, as well as a second GPU.

DarkSynergy
:techgage:

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Silverstone has been around a good long time and have always provided excellent products. The 30Amp rating for the power supply is very strong.

For the price I think they could have wrapped the cables fully. You can pick up a modular psu for about the same price with nicer cables. Either way, the amperage rating is nice, adding some tubing is a plus, and the Active PFC is another excellent incorporation.

We will definitely see a lot of psu manufacturers going to the Active PFC circuitry. It provides power output at exact voltages. That eliminates power spikes both above and below the standard input, giving your pc a stable input voltage.

PUTALE

Obliviot
PSU has been getting bigger and bigger, however, i think one thing that all PSU companies should spend more time in developing is rather than making them bigger but making them more efficient and have active psu included in all psu. They should have learn that sometimes by making it more efficient it's not only more cost savnig but also more environmental friendly.

This is a rather nice psu with 80% efficiency.

brajko2

Obliviot
Well I thing this could be a great power-supply..
But the cables should be modular, and the molex cables could have something like easy-grip...
Also the fan rotation button could be useful... but hey
Nothing's perfect :)

madmat

Soup Nazi
I look at the fan rotation dials on a PSU as a "MTBF Dial" whereby as you're lowering the RPM of the fan you're also lowering the MTBF of the unit thereby insuring that it dies way sooner than if you'd left the fan alone...