Show off your video card!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Nice looking cards man. The green PCB looks just like my 7800GT, and the blue one like my 6800GT. They certainly didn't seem to change too much.

madmat

Soup Nazi
When the 5900U came out this was the second card to hit the market and when I bought it it cost a friggen mint...$550.00.

Yeah, they haven't really changed the PCB's much since the FX series came out, to me it looks like a little minor design changes with a different GPU soldered on although I'm sure they're considerably different under the skin.

Last edited:

tomato

Obliviot
Sweet pics of your cards, guys ;) I would post up mine, but my lowly ATI 8500 LE just doesn't cut it anymore :( (don't worry, an upgrade is about to take place ;) )

werty316

Partition Master
Drool on,.... drool on..... :D

XFX 7800GTX
7800GTX-5.jpg

Last edited:

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
madmat said:
I don't care how many people trash talk Swiftech for using molded tops, that just looks good.
I like the molded tops myself, I have both the APOGEE and MCW60 with molded tops................;) As a matter of fact, I also have the Storm CPU block and with both CPU and GPU water cooled, I get better performance using the APOGEE and MCW60 than I did when I tried the Storm with the MCW60.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
I'm still using mine in my second box...............:eek: I'm to poor to upgrade and beside, as long as it does it's intended job and plays well at Lans, I'll have to keep it........;)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I may as well post what my cards look like side by side. The Accelero is not even _that_ much taller than the Silencer. If only it was a few mm shorter, it would fit in my case with the door closed.

Attachments

• 6800gt_7800gt_ac.jpg
    6800gt_7800gt_ac.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 686

werty316

Partition Master
The Accelero is sweet but I like the NV5 more. The Accelero isn't even a big improvement in my view from the NV5.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
I'll wait for that new Zalman. I like my NV5, not sure if it cools any better than the original heatsink though. Swiftech has a nice water block for the new Nvidia cards. I may look into it if or when I go with wc'ing.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Jakal said:
I'll wait for that new Zalman. I like my NV5, not sure if it cools any better than the original heatsink though. Swiftech has a nice water block for the new Nvidia cards. I may look into it if or when I go with wc'ing.
Yup, water cooling all the way..................:eek: Nvidia block is the same one that I'm using, just a different back plate............;)

dsc009228ip.jpg

41np.jpg

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Those are extremely low flow blocks (1/4 inch tubing) but they will do the job I guess. There are other mono blocks the perform much better if you're looking at a all in one solution. All in ones are easier to use for some people but offer less performance that a GPU blocu and some simple ram sinks. I know of numorus people that have dumped their high dollar all in one mono blocks for the simple and cheaper better performing GPU block.
But like they say, if works for you and makes you happy............:) then all is good.........;)