Sharing Your Thunderbird Profiles Between PCs and OSes

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If you run multiple computers or different operating systems on the same PC and want access to your email without switching computers or rebooting into a different OS, Thunderbird has the answer. Here's a quick guide to setting up different Thunderbird clients to access the same profile, no matter which OS or PC you're connected to.

You can read up on Jamie's tip and then discuss it here!

U

Unregistered

Nice work there on the article, there's always the first time :)

A bit on the Opera: I guess the reason behind its low popularity hides in its history. Although the browser is not even close to the bloated mess it used to be only a few years ago, the internet still remembers it as such, and thus the market share. The marketing team isn't really doing good job at changing the imago either: at one point, they advertise its minimalistic UI, at the other the ton of features it has – these are kind of opposites. I switched to Opera a year ago because I wanted my browsers on different computers to be in sync, which could be done with opera in breeze, I've never used built in mail or torrent clients (who does?) and I don't think they're even installed in the browser.

The other reason must be the fact that it's currently the only (?) browser developed outside US (maybe they should market it this way). Most of the tech/internet-related journalism comes from the states, so it's not hard to see the connection there. Maybe I'm a bit cynical, but…

In the end I'm just happy that IE is finally getting its guts together and that there's a browser for anyone, not just 2 to pick from :)

Ok, this comment was supposed to go to the topic here: http://forums.techgage.com/showthread.php?t=6328
How it got in this thread is beyond my imagination.

U

Unregistered

THANK YOU for this article! I am upgrading to Windows 7 soon from XP and was worried that I could not bring my Thunderbird with me. I will be referring to this a lot through the process.