Screeching sound while playing Oblivion

Hi. I have a Razer Barracuda AC-1 sound card, and it sounds great, but when I play Oblivion I get these high pitched screeching sounds. If I turn down the ESP all the way, it greatly reduces the screeching, but it still happens once in a while, and it is very annoying. I tried upgrading the drivers, and I removed all of the Creative drivers but it did not improve. I also went into the windows mixer and shut everything down except the volume control and this greatly improved things, but I am still getting the screeching. Anyone have any ideas??:confused:

THUMPer

Coastermaker
What OS? Have you checked Razers FAQ, Knowledge base, or Driver release notes for any known issues with Oblivion?

I went on their forum but the only answer I got was to upgrade the drivers, but that didn't help. I could look around some more. Thanks.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I went on their forum but the only answer I got was to upgrade the drivers, but that didn't help. I could look around some more. Thanks.
Sounds like either a cable connection problem or backfeed from a Microphone.
It you have one of the speaker cables plugged into the Mic port, a speaker will act like a microphone and backfeed.

I did a search and found no one else having that problem

Merlin

Um, how do I know if it's a connection issue? Also I did notice that when I shut off everything in the windows mixer that it did improve, but I still screeches. The only cable I have hooked up is the green output to the speakers. There's nothing else hooked up to the soundcard.