Scientists Claim to Have Found Most Relaxing Song Ever

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It goes without saying that music is one of the best inventions ever. It can cheer you up when you're feeling down, pump you up for a workout, help you fall to sleep and complement any possible mood you happen to be in. So, what song should be listening to if your ultimate goal is to relax? Believe it or not, a group of scientists have found that out.

marconi_union_012312.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
DJ SHAH tends to have some good stuff, and as usual that one was good. Enya shouldn't need any introduction, although I think there were better tracks from her to relax by... then I saw Coldplay's Strawberry Swing, that got a laugh as it's an oddball song to throw in there. Coldplay's Technicolor 2 is also a great track to go with it.

That listing seems to be all over the place though... starts off as chill, then suddenly it's electronic pop with vocals. Then bam, Adele gets stuck in there, that's nothing like a chill track.

Since it's all over the place I'll throw an obscure plug out for Laliya... they have a pretty unique sound thanks to a an electric dulcimer (and even a digeridoo in their main ablum) Link.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Since it's all over the place I'll throw an obscure plug out for Laliya... they have a pretty unique sound thanks to a an electric dulcimer (and even a digeridoo in their main ablum) Link.

Will check out their songs later. I am not usually into mellow music, but every so often it's great.

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
I came into this skeptical as hell but damn. I mean I could never fall asleep to it and im tired as hell right now.

But all the tension in shoulders and arms fell off. Goosebumps for the first minute and similar feelings throughout.

marfig

No ROM battery
Perhaps a pretty song, perhaps very relaxing, perhaps worth listening. I won't ever doubt that. But scientists claiming this is the most relaxing song ever written is the type of claim that gives science a bad name.

Without any possibility whatsoever of properly applying the Scientific Method to their hypothesis (particularly because there's not even an hypothesis yet), all these people are doing is adding to the growing suspicion of Science as a whole. If Science is to regain its prestige of yesteryear, it needs to be taken seriously. And I don't mean by the population.

I'd appreciate more good science and less crap centerfold science that is an embarrassment to any true scientist or with a deep love for science.

Last edited: