Sapphire Radeon HD 5750

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
For a graphics card that retails for a suggested $130, the Radeon HD 5750 sure packs in a lot of features. In addition to its solid performance and superb power consumption, the card supports multiple monitor outputs, DirectX 11, Eyefinity and more. To top it all off, Sapphire includes a voucher for a free copy of Dirt 2 right in the box.

You can read our full review here and discuss it here.

gibbersome

Coastermaker
For a graphics card that retails for a suggested $130, the Radeon HD 5750 sure packs in a lot of features. In addition to its solid performance and superb power consumption, the card supports multiple monitor outputs, DirectX 11, Eyefinity and more. To top it all off, Sapphire includes a voucher for a free copy of Dirt 2 right in the box.

You can read our full review here and discuss it here.

That's unfortunate about the video malfunction. But the most important numbers were there (game FPS). Reading the review increased my ambivalence towards the 5700 lineup. The 5800 packs a quite more punch and I still consider the 5850 to be the best value card out there, but this card falls short of expectations.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Nice, review...though i thought Crysis was more favored by Nvidia no? maybe it used to be.....i always saw Nvidia cards better performing on Crysis.. Even though some HD4000 cards out performed Nvidia later on in Crysis.... :)

After reading that the Dual GPU 5970 review is on the horizon, i was like wohoo! cant wait! :D

gibbersome

Coastermaker
Nice, review...though i thought Crysis was more favored by Nvidia no? maybe it used to be.....i always saw Nvidia cards better performing on Crysis.. Even though some HD4000 cards out performed Nvidia later on in Crysis.... :)

After reading that the Dual GPU 5970 review is on the horizon, i was like wohoo! cant wait! :D

The 5970 is a beast of a card. I'm sure it'll become the best single slot solution on the market! Can't wait for the review!

aussiebear

Obliviot
I'm looking at the prices (compared to GTS 250) in Australia, and it pretty much matches what you've said in the article. Its more expensive!

There's also a huge performance gap between the 57xx and 58xx series.

One is certainly better off saving up a bit and going for the 5850 instead.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That's unfortunate about the video malfunction. But the most important numbers were there (game FPS). Reading the review increased my ambivalence towards the 5700 lineup. The 5800 packs a quite more punch and I still consider the 5850 to be the best value card out there, but this card falls short of expectations.

I'm still not sure what happened to the GPU, but I'm going to just chalk it up as being a fluke, since it makes no sense to just die like that. It was used for just four or five hours, so there had to be a fault somewhere. Either way, I agree... the HD 5800 series is just too good to ignore. But when pricing is all that matters...

Doomsday said:
Nice, review...though i thought Crysis was more favored by Nvidia no?

You know... I think you're right. I'm not sure what got it in my head to be honest, but I have to agree. Still, I looked at other sites, and sure enough, the HD 5750 performed better than the GTS 250 in Crysis Warhead, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

gibbersome said:
I'm sure it'll become the best single slot solution on the market!

Oh, without a doubt. One has to ask oneself though... "Do I really need this kind of power?". The HD 5870 is an incredible performer, and can handle all our games with fantastic frame rates at 2560x1600 with great detail. What I'm interested in testing out is seeing if the card can outpace a GTX 295. After all, a single HD 5870 is 2x a GTX 260, and a GTX 295 is essentially 2x GTX 260... so, that would lead me to believe that a single HD 5970 could out-perform GTX 295 in SLI. I might be wrong though. The reason I care, is because if that's true, then the HD 5970 would be the second configuration to handle Crysis Warhead at 2560x1600 on the Enthusiast setting ;-)

aussiebear said:
One is certainly better off saving up a bit and going for the 5850 instead.

Of course, but the lower-end cards are meant more for people who are really cash-strapped and have to wonder where they spend their money. $299 is a lot higher than $150, after all. I agree though... anyone who can afford it should definitely pick up an HD 5800 series card. I've yet to get over my excitement of them.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
are u guys frustrated like me over how Nvidia is just.........:mad: quiet!! i mean, no info or anything on the GT300s!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's hard to read NVIDIA right now, that's for sure. I don't think they want to make a mistake of promising too much and then not delivering on the hype, and I can't blame them. AMD just released some kick-ass cards, and even NVIDIA is going to have a rough time releasing cards to compete (mainly because they are so used to building monolithic chips).

We should be learning more about things in December, but I have a good feeling we won't get all of the information we want until early January.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
It's hard to read NVIDIA right now, that's for sure. I don't think they want to make a mistake of promising too much and then not delivering on the hype, and I can't blame them. AMD just released some kick-ass cards, and even NVIDIA is going to have a rough time releasing cards to compete (mainly because they are so used to building monolithic chips).

We should be learning more about things in December, but I have a good feeling we won't get all of the information we want until early January.

January should be fun!! :D

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
are u guys frustrated like me over how Nvidia is just.........:mad: quiet!! i mean, no info or anything on the GT300s!

It's NVIDIA... they won't discuss the next-gen stuff until it's already here, it's just how they work. :p

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I can confidently say that very little information is going to come out until January, but by the second week of January, we'll all know a lot more about GF100 in general, and hopefully possible releases...