Samsung's Latest Galaxy S II Advert Pokes Fun at Apple

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
When Apple releases a new product, there are a couple of things that make the launch interesting. First, the hype level tends to border on asinine, and second, there are always going to be those select few who waste away some of their days sitting outside of an Apple store waiting to get their grubby hands on said product. In a new one minute advert, Samsung tackles both of these factors in a light-hearted way, while promoting its Galaxy S II.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6h5JSojJN3Y?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6h5JSojJN3Y?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>​

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

MacMan

Partition Master
Samsung's ad, as pointed out by Gizmodo, is much like Apple's old I'm a Mac and I'm a PC adds, but there is one big difference: Apple's ads poked fun at the PC, not its users. Samsung's ad, on-the-hand, pokes fun at Apple's users. As Gizmodo put it: " In reality, Samsung would be thrilled to have people regularly lining up to buy its phones."

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
MacMan said:

Quoting Gizmodo to prove a point about Apple makes as much sense as drinking Diet Pepsi to lose weight.

but there is one big difference: Apple's ads poked fun at the PC, not its users.

You mean the commercials that pit an early-40s, clueless, fashion faux-pas suffering PC versus a mid-20s, well-groomed, witty Mac?

Yeah, I see your point.

marfig

No ROM battery
Samsung's ad, as pointed out by Gizmodo, is much like Apple's old I'm a Mac and I'm a PC adds, but there is one big difference: Apple's ads poked fun at the PC, not its users. Samsung's ad, on-the-hand, pokes fun at Apple's users. As Gizmodo put it: " In reality, Samsung would be thrilled to have people regularly lining up to buy its phones."

No. Gizmodo didn't put it that way. Read it again.

Also... I don't know if you realized yet but gizmodo isn't a very reputable source of information here or anywhere else. Feel free to contest me. Anyways, it would be great -- because you obviously have a strong interest on Apple products -- if you avoided linking to such tendentious places like Gizmodo or blogs from people naming themselves as Apple Holic.

It's just that it's hard to take your arguments seriously every time you do. And yet, i'm positive you could produce good arguments from inside your own head without feeling the need to validate your thoughts with what are unfortunately websites that are constant sources of mockery on the web.

MacMan

Partition Master
No. Gizmodo didn't put it that way. Read it again.

Also... I don't know if you realized yet but gizmodo isn't a very reputable source of information here or anywhere else. Feel free to contest me. Anyways, it would be great -- because you obviously have a strong interest on Apple products -- if you avoided linking to such tendentious places like Gizmodo or blogs from people naming themselves as Apple Holic.

It's just that it's hard to take your arguments seriously every time you do. And yet, i'm positive you could produce good arguments from inside your own head without feeling the need to validate your thoughts with what are unfortunately websites that are constant sources of mockery on the web.

Oh, Gizmodo didn't make the statement: " In reality, Samsung would be thrilled to have people regularly lining up to buy its phones."?

And who says that Gizmodo isn't a very reputable source of information, you?

They are certainly reputable when they buy stolen phones, rip them apart though, arent' they? No, you can claim all you want that I am an Apple lover, but it sounds to me that you are really an Apple hater. I've notice that this site is quick to highlight any negative about Apple.

Oh, by the way, for your information, I DON'T't use a Mac, I DON'T use an iPhone, or an iPad, or an iPod Touch. I use Windows now-and-then, but mainly I use Linux as my main OS! So, enough with this Apple holic business already!

Oh, come to think of it, occasionally, and I mean occasionally I do use iTunes and Safari on Windows, but since I rarely use Windows, well, you get the picture. Or do you?

Last edited: