Saitek X-52 Pro Flight Control System

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If you are in search of a killer flight control system, Saitek has you covered. They claim their X52 comes closer to "reality" than any other. Let's take it for a spi... flight.

You can read the full review here and discuss it here!

U

Unregistered

I think that the links to items on the main page are incorrect - they link to the X-52 system, not the X-52 PRO system.
The proper link is: <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000LQ4HTS/schattcom">here (Amazon.com)</a>.

U

Unregistered

Pat.... you've never heard of CH or Cougar have you? "Perfection?"

U

Unregistered

I have the X-52 and it was all ready an awesome flight stick. The fact they made a pro version of this flight stick proves flight/space sims aren't dead!

U

Unregistered

Saitek X52 Pro Profiles

Hi Guys,
I'm a noob with enough money to waist that I get top shelf stuff but have mid range abilities.

Anyone know where I can get profiles for this new set up. Saitek says I cannot use X52 profiles and they;ve made none for the pro version.

Any help would be appreciated.

AirCavMoby
usaircav.net

L

Lord_Sidious

Hey guys, a dumb question for you. Do you know of a way to get drivers to work in Windows Server 2003 with service pack 1?
I have looked around and I can't find anything.
Thanks for any help.

D

dmg

its awsome however....

just be sure not to use a usb hub.....very strange occured when i did. A few nice things to add, like the fact that they included holes in both the bases of the throttle and the stick for mounting to wood surfaces. A very nice touch if you intend to do as i did and build yourself a laptray for your controls. The new saitek rudder pedals are a key touch as well since the stick has a mechanism which will lock the twist function if you so desire.
My only complaint is the lack of profiles. We all know that programming these things for 5-10 flightsims can be a real pain in the butt. Google all you want and many of the popular sims just dont have profiles out there. I do have an instance as well where many of the funtions cannot be programmed however this is more of the developer of the games fault {lock on: modern air combat}. With lock on you cant reprogram the target selection to avoid using the hat with an alt command. The greatest thing about the x52 pro is its many trims and pov's. That game will not see the pov on the front side of the throttle for use with target selection.
The same game wont allow reprogramming of the whell brake to the toe brake of the saitek rudder pedals. None of these issues are saiteks fault though, and saitek does give you the ability to make your profiles so that a particular pov represents a keystroke or the rudder toe brake as well.
In the end you do have the ability to have your ice cream and eat it too, but it will require both profiling and in game control adjustments, and it will take some time. Its very worth it though!
Someone mentioned the cougar hotas from thrustmaster and the ch. Both are very respectible f16 style flight sticks. Neither offer the trim ability of the x52pro though. The reliability of the pots and switches in both of those units hasnt lived up to that of the saitek either. That is why the cougar has a large community of modders who spend the extra bank to change all the bad parts out. Even still, having used one myself i can honesty say that the only legit plus about the cougar is the resistance. Other then that is it overrated and drooled on simply because of its marketing as an authentic f16 replica.....hate to break it to ya but the f16 is old, and weve seen alot of change since its conception. Take a look in the cockpit of an f22 or f35 and what youll see looks a bit more like an x52 pro.....minus the knuckle guard of course. btw, i havent tried yet but it looks like the knuckle guard might be detachable though i prefer it since it does have a nice hand rest built onto it.

U

Unregistered

Agree on the cougar; that casing is steel and solid; their pots and switches go bad after some time. I am finished with mine and do not want to spend a truckload to mod the cougar to decent standards.. Had a Saitek before and should have stayed with it for ease of use and comfort! Much more friendly for wrists and hands. Downside is that some bad Saitek sticks drift around; if you have trouble with their stuff it is not easy to get out of it.

U

Unregistered

Saitek x52pro profiles for FS 9 and 10

OK, I give Up!......

I have been unable to find any PROFILES for this new joystick..

I am looking for FS 2004 and FS 10 profiles for the x52pro.

Please advise me as to were to get these ?????

U

Unregistered

X52PRO

OK, I give Up!......

I have been unable to find any PROFILES for this new joystick..

I am looking for FS 2004 and FS 10 profiles for the x52pro.

Please advise me as to were to get these ?????

i GIVE UP TO looking for programs that allow you to use the display and the profiles
but no joy at a £100 u would expect more
if i find i but link here

james_chong

Obliviot
Saitek X52 joystick calibration problem

Hello all, I am new to this forum. I just installed my Saitek X52 for IL2 1946. I got into the Controls of IL2 and did the calibration of HOTAS. The calibration of pitch, roll and yaw seemed fine when moving t he jokstick of X52 in the calibration box. However, when I got into flight simulation, the plane went to the opposite of each of the axes. For example, when I wanted to yaw left with the joystick (by twisting left), the plane turned right instead. This happened to rolling and pitching too. The plane just went to the opposite way of my controls. Could anyone help me to correct this problem?
Thanks very much,
James

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hello all, I am new to this forum. I just installed my Saitek X52 for IL2 1946. I got into the Controls of IL2 and did the calibration of HOTAS. The calibration of pitch, roll and yaw seemed fine when moving t he jokstick of X52 in the calibration box. However, when I got into flight simulation, the plane went to the opposite of each of the axes. For example, when I wanted to yaw left with the joystick (by twisting left), the plane turned right instead. This happened to rolling and pitching too. The plane just went to the opposite way of my controls. Could anyone help me to correct this problem?
Thanks very much,
James

I am not familiar with this product or that game, but could it be that the X axises are reversed in the options?

james_chong

Obliviot
I am not familiar with this product or that game, but could it be that the X axises are reversed in the options?

Hello Rob,

Thank you for a very quick response. That was my thought too. If the axes are reversed in the options, I am hoping someone in the forum can tell me how to reverse the options. However, in the calibration under controls, the direction of each axis corresponds to the direction of the movement of the joystick. I will try to contact the manufacturer to see if there is a way to reverse the directions.

Thanks again for your thought..

James

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I am curious... does the configuration tool for the joystick itself allow you to reverse the X axes? Maybe it'd be easier to do it that way than with in the game itself. Finding a solution might be difficult since this review is so old and the reviewer is no longer with the website. I hope you can get it sorted out :)

james_chong

Obliviot
I am curious... does the configuration tool for the joystick itself allow you to reverse the X axes? Maybe it'd be easier to do it that way than with in the game itself. Finding a solution might be difficult since this review is so old and the reviewer is no longer with the website. I hope you can get it sorted out :)

Thanks Rob, I will look into the configuration of the joystick and see if there is a way to reverse the direction of each axis in the calibration.
James