ROCCAT Kone[+] Gaming Mouse & Isku Gaming Keyboard Review

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
ROCCAT may not sound like a familiar name to you, but in time, that could change. The company has been in the European market for a number of years, and has just broken into the US scene earlier this year. To get a good idea of what the company has to offer, we're taking a look at its Kone+ gaming mouse and Isku gaming keyboard.

Check our Ryan's full look at the ROCCAT Kone[+] and Isku and then discuss it here!

Last edited:

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I've been using the Kone+ and Isku since reviewing it since I wanted to see how they both stand up to typical surfing and gaming. Sadly the Kone+ has started to act up. As I move from right to left the cursor hangs up...badly. I've reinstalled the driver and tried a few other little tricks but nothing has fixed it.

It's so bad that I'm likely going to go back to my CM Storm Sentinel Advance since it has been rock solid for years.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Yep. By comparison, my Sentinel mouse has lasted several years and has been put through more than the Kone+. We're talking pre-parenthood gaming marathons. ;)

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Might be something as simple as dust. Sometimes, typically with dual laser mice, if dust settles or catches under the lens, it'll prevent it from moving along a single axis. That or it really is dead...

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Give that man a cookie!

I will never understand for the life of me why companies insist on putting a sticker around sensor. Cloth pad + sticky/rough edges of the sticker = fibres that build up.

It was so minute that I didn't see it until I put the mouse under bright light.