Researching cases/power supplies for new clients

Hey all,

First time poster at this forum. I love the website, but am having a bit of trouble with navigation. I was hoping to find a place on the techgage site where their case reviews were sorted by rating. I'm looking for highly rated cases that are quiet, use 120mm fans only (no 80mm), and elegant.

I assumed that I might be able to find a place on the site where I could filter all of the 9/10 rated cases and then make my pick but I can only find individual reviews. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thx!

I'm not sure where you could find a database of cases, but I could make some recommendations.

All of these cases should be fairly quiet:
  • Antec P180
  • Antex Sonata II
  • SilverStone TJ07
  • SilverStone TJ09
  • Lian-Li PC-6070b Plus

If you have the coin, there's always something like this. :p

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
As for the filtering and such... that's in progress right now. It should have been a long time ago, yes. But we got behind on things ;-)

Welcome to the forums!

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
Actually, I believe the case you're looking for is the Antec NSK4400. It includes a decent power supply, has a 120mm exhaust fan and either 1x120mm or 2x92mm intake fans. It also looks decent. If you need a Micro ATX case option, Antec has a matching Micro ATX case in that series. Also a solid 3-yr warranty. Your customers will appreciate that.

Last edited:

madmat

Soup Nazi
If that Antec has anything other than the NeoHE PSU in it I'd say take a pass on the case PSU combo. Antec's CWT based power supplies have been suffering an extremely high mortality rate as of late. The CWT based units are the Neo 480, Smart Power and True Power series.

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
I think that one's actually a SU-400 or something like that, which is basically a Seasonic Super Silencer 400 in Antec branding. I hear what you're saying, though -- my friend's SmartPower 500 makes some nasty squealing noises from the switching circuitry when his X1800XT card switches into 3D mode, and has started randomly shutting down. Its days are numbered.

TruePower Trio power supplies, as well as the Phantom units, are made by Seasonic as well. I was one of the users embroiled in a huge scandal early last year where it seemed like every third NeoHE power supply sold was a dud. The NeoHE 500W (Rev. A4) unit I bought to replace the NeoHE 430 that came with my Antec P150 case has solved the problems, though. It's a great power supply -- it's a shame that the product line had to have such a rocky start, though.

Last edited: