Replacement case parts...

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
Does anyone have good sources for replacement case parts...

Recently I had a couple of computers brought to me by an obviusly heavy handed individual who'd managed to crack the circuit boards on his case-mounted card reader. After some searching and phone calls, the only solution I could give him was ... gulp... new cases!

So I was wondering, are there sources for things like replacement drive covers, card readers, audio jacks, power buttons and such for various cases?

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Short of contacting the case manufacturer or fabricating one yourself, no idea. You could just get a replacement USB card reader instead of a whole new case for the time being.

Some DVD drives come with replacement drive bezels, but for replacements, again, no idea. Although, you may be able to get 5.25" case slot covers that go in front of the DVD drive, rather than replace the drive's bezel.

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
All depends on the case youve given little detail.

Lian Li and a couple others are commonly carried by suppliers like performance pcs. Mostly ports and side panels.

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
All depends on the case youve given little detail.

These were just your basic "clone case" dealies... The card reader board didn't have a brand name on it... so my mystery is your mystery...

I was hoping there would be some electronics supplier with a big catalog of readers, cables, etc. ... but I guess I'm not that lucky...

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I got to a few sites including Performance-PCs but here are the others I go to

http://www.frys.com/
These guys have the best selection for misc stuff, I always go here first.

http://www.frozencpu.com/
If it's case specific or water cooling I go here first generally. They are the next best place for misc stuff next to Fry's. The next place I got to Performance-PCs.

http://www.xoxide.com/
These guys don't have a lot of inventory but I have found a few things I needed here when it was out of stock at the other places.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Kayden... thanks!

I already knew about Frys but the other two are very cool...

NP.

I just wish there was a Fry's closer to me, they all ways have good sales going on. Especially for hobbyists. When ever I am close to one though I always stop in. (c:

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
I just wish there was a Fry's closer to me, they all ways have good sales going on. Especially for hobbyists. When ever I am close to one though I always stop in. (c:

Shiii would be nice to have one east side as well. With Circuit City and CompUSA little more than Tigerdirect.com for most of us it kinda hurts having Best Buy as the only rip off artists in town.

Its so bad that id rather wait 2 days to a week for something i need today than pay up to 15 times the price at best buy.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Its so bad that id rather wait 2 days to a week for something i need today than pay up to 15 times the price at best buy.

Nope! The only time and I mean the only time I buy a PC part at Best Buy is for the HDD when they are on sale and that's it. I will go in to compare products on the shelf like tv's or etc, but that's all they are useful for, at least to me anyways.