Reader's Rig Photo Gallery

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
Ask and ye shall receive. This thread is for posting photos of your rig, modded or not. Though it's most likely that everyone viewing these forums has high-speed internet access, please resize all your photos to 1000x750 pixels or smaller, out of courtesy to those remaining few who might not have incredible bandwidth.

Addendum: This thread isn't *just* for modded PCs - if you feel you have an interesting or unique build, throw it up here. Also, if you've ghetto-modded a store-bought PC, that's legit, but don't post photos of your $399 Wal-Mart special here unless you've added a window and CCFLs, or something.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I will start off, although my computers never stay the same for very long. Case is the Antec P182, computer consists of eVGA 680i, E6600, 2GB Tracer 1066, ASUS 8800GTX, Corsair 620HX PSU, 2x 320GB Seagate, Pioneer 18x DVD+RW. Cooling consists of 3x 120mm case fans, Corsair Airflow ram fan and Corsair Nautilus water cooling.

Attachments

• p182_01.jpg
    p182_01.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,184
  • p182_02.jpg
    p182_02.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 1,255
  • p182_03.jpg
    p182_03.jpg
    537.8 KB · Views: 1,218

MacMan

Partition Master
Sharp looking machine!

I will start off, although my computers never stay the same for very long. Case is the Antec P182, computer consists of eVGA 680i, E6600, 2GB Tracer 1066, ASUS 8800GTX, Corsair 620HX PSU, 2x 320GB Seagate, Pioneer 18x DVD+RW. Cooling consists of 3x 120mm case fans, Corsair Airflow ram fan and Corsair Nautilus water cooling.

Very sharp looking machine Rob. Clean and elegant on the outside, loaded on the inside. What more can you want?

South59

Obliviot
Ok this is the first offering of my rig,its a little bit dark but i took it in the dark so the lighting would show up!South(Tim)i will post a picture thats without the lighting on later,This has a Mach Speed 939a Motherboard,an AMD 64X2 4400+ Procesor,2 gigs of Platinum OCZ Gamer memory,a Nvidia 7300 PCIE 512 Card,250 gig Maxtor sata primary and a 200 Maxtor ide slave,its has 4-80mm cooling fans,a blue clear Logysis Gamer Case,by the way this case is pretty hard to upkeep to were its perfectly clean all of the time,i would not advise this case unless youir going for the looks,the case itself is not really hard to clean its just a pain in the A__. :D South(Tim)

Attachments

• 64 Bit Picture.jpg
    64 Bit Picture.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 1,167
Last edited:

South59

Obliviot
This is the more Clearer pictures of the computer i built i had,It shows a little more detail i think,South.

Attachments

• My Home Office(This One for Web).jpg
    My Home Office(This One for Web).jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 1,165

MacMan

Partition Master
Nice..

This is the more Clearer pictures of the computer i built i had,It shows a little more detail i think,South.

Nice looking computer South; you did a good job and I hope I can do the same in the future. Hell, who needs a monitor when you can just look at the tower glowing blue in the night? :) :)

KusoSamurai

Obliviot
MOBO: Asus P5ld2 Deluxe
Case: Aerocool Masstige
RAM: 2 GB OCZ
HDD: 80 GB
GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon X850XT
CPU: Intel P4 3.0Ghz OC 4.0Ghz

Attachments

• Compy.jpg
    Compy.jpg
    985 bytes · Views: 1,223
  • Compy Setup.jpg
    Compy Setup.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 972

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
AM2 Build

I started 6 weeks ago, I got the parts payday by payday ( 2 weeks )
I'm really pleased of the build, here are a few images.

AMD AM2 X2 6000+
ASUS-M2N32 SLI Deluxe WiFi
WD 150 gig Raptor SATA
Samsung CD/DVD Burner SATA
Corsair XMS2 Twin gig 800 mhz
Silverstone 1000w ST1000 Strider
GPU 8600 GT ( temp video card )

Loaded windows in 18 minutes

Deckard

Attachments

• Almost01.jpg
    Almost01.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 1,097
  • ready02.jpg
    ready02.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,089

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If it takes 18 minutes to load Windows, there's a problem ;-)

Looks good man! That cooler makes any computer look awesome.

madmat

Soup Nazi
You'd get better temps rotating that cooler to blow the exhaust towards the back of the case. Looks nice and clean.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Zalmon cooler

I tried to rotate it to face the back but it didnt fit over the CPU fully.
It is a rectangle shape fitting over the square CPU.

Right now it's blowing upward the way heat wants to travel. and there is a fan at top blowing up and out.
The temps only ever get up to around 102*F under a load, not overcloked as yet.
I'm not sure yet how to do it in Vista, but I have most of the drivers working after a week of research. AI Nos will not load ( just to try it out )

Deckard
AKA Merlin

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Since the build, I installed the chiller.
Rather than posting all the images here, Check out the link.

http://www.pbase.com/merlinsgraphics/2007_machine_build

They are not in the build order.

The temp change from the Zalman was a little better, Zalman makes a Fantastic product, I get 10 to 12 C better temps with the CoolIt Freezone chiller Idle temps now around 28C to 31C....under heavy load they get up to 38C to 41C. Next I'll try some OC ing temps

Merlin

Last edited:

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Here's a fairly current look at what I have in my rig right now (close enough anyways).........:D

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    350.2 KB · Views: 993
  • DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    346.5 KB · Views: 1,011
  • DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    326.5 KB · Views: 1,061

MakubeX

Partition Master
And here's a current one of mine with my new PSU.

Attachments

• PC_Front.jpg
    PC_Front.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 1,021
  • UltraX3 059.2.jpg
    UltraX3 059.2.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 1,022

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
Taterworks Reference

I suppose since I started this thread, it's high time I contribute.

This is my daily driver, the machine I've built for general-purpose stuff. One of its design requirements was that it had to be completely "silent" - inaudible over the noise floor in a quiet room. I built this machine in April of this year, and it was a respectable mid-range rig at that point. The AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ performs about the same as a Core 2 Duo E6420. I'm not sure how much this machine counts as 'modded', but most of its tweakage has to do with reducing noise output to inaudibility.

Parts List
============
Case: Antec P150
PSU: Antec NeoHE 500 (bought to replace original first-run NeoHE 430)
Motherboard: Abit KN9 Ultra (NF570; MCP55 single-chip, Silent OTES)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+, 90nm Windsor core
Memory: 2GB OCZ Gold PC2 8800 (@ PC2 6400, dual-channel; this was given to me)
Video Card: HIS X1650XT 256MB iSilence
Sound Card: ASUS Xonar D2 (in these shots, it's the Razer Barracuda AC-1)
Hard Drive: Seagate 7200.10 320GB SATA2 3.0Gb/s
Optical Drives: Samsung DVD-RW and DVD Combo drive
CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja Plus
GPU Cooler: HIS stock iSilence cooler (works just like ABIT SilentOTES)
Front Fan: Evercool Ever Green 92mm
Rear Fan: Panaflo FBK-series 120x38mm
CPU Fan: Evercool Ever Green 120mm
Fan Control: MCubed TBalancer BigNG (mounted in 3.5" bay)

Front of Case
Case_Front.JPG

Rear of Case
Back_3qtr_sml.JPG

Side Open
Side_open.JPG

CPU Cooling (with front-to-back airflow)
Ninja_fans.JPG

The loudest sound produced by this rig is the sound of the hard drive spinning. Generally, the fans spin so slow that you can see the individual revolutions. I've had some trouble with the fanless HIS Radeon X1650XT card, so right now the video card is a 256MB eVGA GeForce 7600 GT KO.

Cheers, all.

Last edited:

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
Well, I transport my rig a lot (and I mean a LOT), so water spillage is a major concern for me. That's what has kept me on air instead of water. I'm also not sure whether there are any good perfectly-silent watercooling pumps out there, and it would certainly be a major project to outfit my case with watercooling.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Water cooling can be a pain to setup in some cases, the smaller the harder.

Truely silent pumps, not really, about the quietest has the noise level of a low speed 120 fan at the most.