PS2: Atelier Iris 2 - The Azoth of Destiny

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
AI2 is a completely new game, based in a different world than its predecessor. Yet, with its 2D sprites, can this game really stand up to the ever popular 3D games? I think so, and it'll go to prove that 2D is far from dead, and is still just as fun as ever.

After reading Jens review here, feel free to discuss it here!

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Classic 2D sidescrolling RPG action? NICE! It may not be my style of game, but it's good to see 2D making a comeback. The graphics aren't tremendous, but it seems like the unique gameplay makes up for that. Nice work Jen.

leecho7

Partition Master
I played the first one and enjoyed it alot. Never got a chance to play the second one yet. BUt I definately will.

Jen McPherson

Resident Artist Nerd
Yeah, the 2D-ness of it fits right and being a big rpg player I actually like 2D a lot, with FF6 and Shinning Force being my favorite 2D style rpg's. ^^ Its a good game, and the repetative parts are typical of most games. After a while any game gets that way. But I found it was a good game, and will try to get my hands on the first one to see how they differ.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That game would be perfect for the DS or the PSP. I assume since it's on PS2, if it came to any handheld, it may be the PSP.

Great review though. 2D games will -never- die.

leecho7

Partition Master
Shining Force was an awesome game too. FF6 is probably my all time favorite japanese rpg ever. I don't care what anyone says, but Locke was the coolest character ever.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
leecho7 said:
Shining Force was an awesome game too. FF6 is probably my all time favorite japanese rpg ever. I don't care what anyone says, but Locke was the coolest character ever.

I agree about it being the best JAP RPG... I agree completely. Kefka was a great looking character there also.

Jen McPherson

Resident Artist Nerd
Kefka eats babies... XD ya know... he probably does ^^ Kefka is awesome. Kefka is also the only 2D character I know of that flips you off. ^^

Last edited: