Prototype of Google's Upcoming Nexus 4 Left in SF Bar Last Month

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Tell me if you've heard this one before: a guy walks into a bar with a prototype phone, and leaves it there. Alright, that's not the best joke out of the book, but given the fact that it's true, and it's happened before, no punchline is really needed when the premise is hilarious in itself. Jamin Barton, a musician that often plays at the 500 Club in San Francisco, happened upon a phone after a gig one night that seemed normal, but wasn't. It was Google's upcoming Nexus 4.

google_nexus_4_102812.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
>.> How the hell can you lose a phone LET ALONE a Prototype. I have never lost a phone so how do these idiot testers manage to lose one during what? a couple month testing period?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I think it boils down to the fact that: people are idiots.

The person didn't even go back for the phone after it was declared lost for an entire day, so they couldn't have cared too much.

On another note, I wouldn't mind having one of these things. Seems like a good price and a lot of power.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I think it boils down to the fact that: people are idiots.

The person didn't even go back for the phone after it was declared lost for an entire day, so they couldn't have cared too much.

On another note, I wouldn't mind having one of these things. Seems like a good price and a lot of power.

Yeah, the guy that lost it obviously didn't care about his responsibility if that's the case. I wonder if he tried to claim to Google that was stolen from him to cover his losing it?

And yes the phone looks great, and so does the price for an unlocked model. The bad news is no 4G, no LTE, and no CDMA support either. It's stuck with 3G and won't work on Verizon or Sprint.

So no offense, but I'm not buying an AT&T phone, and Tmobile isn't an option because their phones don't work in parts of Nebraska.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Totally wireless.
With wireless charging, never plug your phone in again.
Nexus 4 comes with wireless charging capability built right in. Just place your Nexus 4 on a compatible wireless charging mat to charge -- and retire the wire for good.
drool.gif
I want wireless charging lol The only real thing is.... its LG. I had an LG and they didn't lean on Nvidia to get it to ICS, so officially its GB but devs have ICS running pretty good for not having the drivers.

Nvm.... its only 16gb. Ill wait for the S4 or similar, when they steal all the cool stuff from the N4. Like the wireless charging and specs. (prolly better specs actually)

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The only reason I'd care about wireless charging is that you'd still be able to charge it if you happen to misplace the wire. I kind of like the USB mini solution myself, because I could transfer data at the same time if I wanted. To my knowledge, wireless charging isn't quite as fast either.

Crazy that technology even exists at all though.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Good old Tesla, and not a shit was given until well over a century later. Anyway, I think these chargers are induction chargers, like you have with toothbrushes, but over a large flat area. Can't say for certain though, might be RF based. I'll find out later what it is. Yeah, it's just an induction charger, was kind of hoping it to be an RF charger, but meh, take what we're given. Don't dock a hard drive on it :p.

Last edited: