PowerColor X1600 XT BRAVO Edition

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Are you building a new PC or HTPC and are looking for a great budget card? PowerColor may have exactly what you need, with their X1600XT 256MB. It offers great gaming performance for a budget card, and includes the AVIVO technology to make your video experience even better.

Discuss the review here!

PUTALE

Obliviot
x1600xt is nice card but I think it's unfortunate that ATI really has killed it by only use 128bit memory interface. If it were 256bit I am sure that it will be a super card as it has more advance features, such as avivo and shadder 3 and such, but the 126 really hurt the performance and probably the sales as well. Rumor has it that 256bit is on the way for the 1600xt.

brajko2

Obliviot
Well In my opinion, ATI has really screwed itself in whole 2005. It seems that migration to pci-x has took them a whole year for them. x300, x600, and x800... well geforce 6*** series really destroyed them.
And now, when they are back with 1300, 1600, nvidia has 6800gs, and a whole new lauched series of 76** and 78**...
don't know what ATI thinks about this... they surely have to do something

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's PCI-E, not PCI-X.

Yes, I agree ATI still has some catching up to do. They have to prove to the consumer again, that they are the card to buy. No doubt, some of their cards are very, very good, but NVIDIA is the name that's engraved in most peoples heads now adays.

The card could have easily been equipped with a 256-Bit memory interface, but it would no longer be a budget gamers card.