Plextor DVD Burner Help

Hi everyone, quick question for anyone interested:

I have a Plextor PX-750A DVD Burner in my machine that won't burn discs after a storm hit. The whole machine went out and I figured if I replace the PSU it would be okay, and that was true. I upgraded the PSU and the OS and everything else works fine. The only problem now is that my DVD burner won't write to discs. I get I/O errors and SCSI error's (it's just hooked up to the main IDE/ATA interface though, not SCSI).

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on this. I am thinking about replacing the drive, but that would be expensive so just making sure it's not something else I can check.

Below is an image of the error I get when using ImgBurn to burn an ISO image file to a DVD.
plex02.png

Any help would be great, thanks!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I am not positive, but to me it sounds like it's toast. You might want to replace the cable and see if that helps at all.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Have you tried using another drive? It could be the motherboard too. If another drive works when your current drive does not, it quite possibly got hosed in the outage. I know it sucks, but it can happen. Get a decent surge protector.

Good luck.

Hey thanks. Yeah, I think I may just have to replace the drive. If I do replace it i'm thinking about buying a LG Super-Multi DVD burner with a SATA interface. That way I won't have to mess with the stupid IDE cable anymore....