Playstation Store to Receive Revamp Mid-April

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
If you thought that the current Playstation Store was ugly, then you are in for a treat. The entire store will be revamped and unveiled mid-April, via a firmware update. Although the current store works, I never found it to be visually appealing, and for such a great console, you'd imagine that the built-in store would at least reflect the clean styling of the rest of the PS3s UI.

Well... that's exactly what the forthcoming update is going to tackle, as you can see in the below screenshot. Nice use of curves and gradients along with a cleaner template make for a store that's far easier to look at, and one that could very well be fun to navigate.

The downside in all of this? Absolutely no new content will be unveiled between now and the updated store's launch, which essentially means I have to go weeks before being let down by the fact that Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko still isn't available as a downloadable title!

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
ps3_store_update_040108.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>
Customers will be able to access, browse, shop and download content as usual prior to the store’s re-opening. However, no additional downloadable content will be posted prior to then, including this Thursday, April 3rd, and next Thursday, April 10th. Regularly scheduled content updates will resume with the Store’s re-opening, at which time additional games and game-related items will be added, including the downloadable version of the highly-anticipated exclusive PS3 title Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

Source: Playstation Blog

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I just wish they'd get their asses in gear and give my GT5 Prologue already. I am tired of the demo.......

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I just wish they'd get their asses in gear and give my GT5 Prologue already. I am tired of the demo.......

You are not playing the demo :p You are playing a tech demo that's != to Prologue.

i just got a ps3 because im a brand name type of guy but i might get a xbox 360 too :rolleyes:

You know... I love the Xbox 360, I admit it. But I am increasingly becoming more annoyed by its clunkiness and inability to perform simple tasks. For example, I set up a NAS as a media server last night... the PS3 picked up on it no problem, whereas the Xbox 360 was completely oblivious to me having it on the network.

Finicky issues like that are frustrating...

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I know it is theoretically = to Prologue, but atleast Prologue has more than 1 track......

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I know it is theoretically = to Prologue, but atleast Prologue has more than 1 track......

What I mean though, is that that "Concept" you are playing is not really related to Prologue... it's just a GT concept demo. Prologue should be FAR more impressive graphics and gameplay-wise.

I was NOT impressed by that Concept demo at all. The course was bland and the fact that people didn't even react when I was in front of them turned me off.