Pictures of top DFI nF5 AM2 board..

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Pictures of top DFI nF5 775 board..

This board has a couple great features that the Ultra-D [and the like] did not have. One of the main features would be the digital PWM, which tends to be more reliable and cuts down on the total caps on the board.

One thing I can't say I like at -all- is the dimm placements. I have found that the placement on the Ultra-D is the best... it allows for a fan easier than in this bizarre spot.

I gotta say that the chipset cooler is pretty sweet also, and three PCI slots are a bonus, if you still use them. Overall, sharp looking board. I am hoping to pick one of these up when they come out, so I will relay my thoughts at that time.

Hexus

Attachments

• MoboB.jpg
    MoboB.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 874

RazorBack

E.M.I.
Looks pretty sweet. I was going to upgrade to an Asus Crossfire board a while back.. glad I didn't. Must go AM2 some time in the future, this 3800+ is so slow!

What about the northbridge (think that's it anyway, just to the left of the cpu) cooler though? It looks like the HS has been taken off.

RazorBack

E.M.I.
How the hell didn't I notice that :blink: The cpu socket is just a bit obvious..

Ah well, what I said still holds I think!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
RazorBack said:
How the hell didn't I notice that :blink: The cpu socket is just a bit obvious..

Tell me about it. The nF5 screwed me up, because it's the first I've seen anything for nF5 on Intel.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Surprise. Surprise. I didn't think it'd take long for DFi to pick up on the Intel crowd. After finding out the Intel chipsets support sli with certain drivers ;). With the performance we've seen of the Conroe cores, it's a good move by DFi to start their own Intel performance boards.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Jakal said:
With the performance we've seen of the Conroe cores, it's a good move by DFi to start their own Intel performance boards.

Well, they've been in the works for a while. It just seems that they were having a difficult time making the Ultra-D equivalent for the 775. Glad to see they finally figured things out though. If it's anything like their AMD stuff, it's going to be great.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I just don't understand how you like having the ram over the socket. To me that's just weird as hell, all my mobos have always had the ram in the pictured location.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's easier to mount a fan to blow on the memory. Usually that area has psu cords I try to hide away, which blocks the airflow.

werty316

Partition Master
Damn thats one huge chipest cooler. Reminds me of the Evercool VC-RE although it still uses that crappy fan.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Huge? I don't find it THAT big. It's further spaced out from the PCI-E slots than on the Ultra-D though, so I can appreciate that much. A heatpipe CS cooler would probably take up more room, unless it was a tower.