PCMark Vantage On the Way, Blows Away Predecessors

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
The folks at Futuremark have been developing benchmarking applications for years, so they have a good idea of what enthusiasts and computing noobs alike are looking for in an application that's designed to evaluate your systems worth. While the results of these "synthetic benchmarks" are often disputed for their usefulness, most people enjoy using them for the simple fact that they are... well, simple. Who can argue with that?

PCMark is designed to evaluate all aspects of your system and deliver individual and overall scores to help you determine what part of your rig needs improvement. Previous versions have been somewhat lackluster... even when running the full suite. PCMark Vantage is going to change that, however. In the short time I've been using it, I have to say I am impressed so far. While I can't disclose specifics at this point in time, I will say that it delivers a far better overall system test than previous versions, which should help it become a worldwide standard in system benchmarking. The release date has not been announced, but Futuremark have never been ones to wait too long to launch after an announcement.

With an easy to use interface and clear scoring, you will be able to select exactly the type of tests you want to use and then choose the right upgrade components or complete PC that will fit your needs. This easy-to-use product gives you the same tools and knowledge that virtually every professional tester in the industry uses.

Source: Futuremark PCMark