Palm Cancels The Foleo

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our news:
According to a blog entry by Palm CEO Ed Colligan, the Foleo will not have a chance to have a first breath of commercial success. The Foleo was designed to be a compliment to your smart-phone, in the likeness of a small laptop. Essentially, it would allow you to comfortably handle tasks without squinting at a small device.

The good news in all of this is that they are going to shift all of their attention to their next-generation software platform, aka Linux-based products. This is not the end for Foleo, however, as Ed goes on to mention that Foleo II will be based on the upcoming platform.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
palm_foleo_rip_090507.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
While the Foleo was and interesting idea, we think the execution was poorly timed and not in-sync with the way the Treo line of smartphones is likely headed. By getting Treo updates out the door faster, Palm will show that it’s not the stagnant company many think it’s become.

Source: CrunchGear

For whatever reason, I literally laughed out loud at that image.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
From the beginning, Palm seemed to bungle almost every piece of this idea. I have always liked the idea of the Foleo but for the most part... well, shit, I can't say it any better than Engadget did here.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That article was great. Once PALM gets their Linux-based-OS going, hopefully it will be the beginning of great things to come for them. I've always had interest in picking up a Treo or something similar, but for now I will sit back and see what they have up their sleeves.

Of course, I am dreaming of something that would actually sync up with my Linux OS... and if that does come along, I will be a very happy man.