Obliviot
Hey Everyone. This is my Setup:

P5N-E SLI
Q6600 B3 + Zalman CPU cooler. The noisy but hardcore one lol
4 GB Corsair PC2-6400
2 x Inno3D Geforce 8800 GT
550W LC Power PSU

Im absolutely newbie at overclocking.
I really want to raise my FSB to 1333 mhz.
It would be AWESOME if anyone could tell me exactly what settings to run
in the BIOS and how to set them.

Many many thanks in advanced

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Most oc able mobos have a settin of ( advanced settings )
you'll see FSB and Memory
Unlink FSB to Memory

on FSB hit the plus key on keyboard till you get to where you want to test the settings.
You may want to see what the max voltages are before you play with those.
It's a start anyways.
Other's here may have a better way to post overclocking.
I just started a few weeks ago.

see my overclock below in signature

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Slowly increase in increments, never make a huge jump in a OC. If I have the same computer as you and I say blah blah this is what my comp is running at you shouldn't just go and raise it to that assuming it is going to be safe. Everyone gets different results.

linv5800

Obliviot
just in my case , the asus p5n e sli and the q6600 do not oc well together.. the best i did was 2.7 and that was with a dangerous vcore . its just something about the chipset .. ive read this everywhere .. but that's just me ..
i just ended up getting a new motherboard .. also got a $300 coolit freezone water cooler for $110 shipped off e-bay . still waiting in the mobo but got the freezone in 2 days from cali !

Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
just in my case , the asus p5n e sli and the q6600 do not oc well together.. the best i did was 2.7 and that was with a dangerous vcore . its just something about the chipset .. ive read this everywhere .. but that's just me ..
i just ended up getting a new motherboard .. also got a $300 coolit freezone water cooler for $110 shipped off e-bay . still waiting in the mobo but got the freezone in 2 days from cali !
Sounds great, the Freezone has aluminum stand offs, be carefull and not tighten too much...... the threaded end goes through the mobo...they dont really tell you that...lol

Good Luck

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage: