Our Handles / Nicknames here

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Anyone want to share how they got their nickname that shows up on the posts?

I see some ver odd names here and just wondered

Merlin

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Anyone want to share how they got their nickname that shows up on the posts?

I see some ver odd names here and just wondered

Merlin

I got mine ( Merlin ) from the Dragon Renders that I create.
Also, Deckard, I got from watching " Bladerunner " over 150 times

oh well

Merlin/ Deckard

MakubeX

Partition Master
MakubeX

Got it from the anime GetBackers. I didn't pick this name because GetBackers is my favorite anime, because it's not (although I really liked it). I picked it because I like how it sounds and how it looks when written. The character is a computer genius but that had little influence in me choosing this name, it's just a coincidence that I also really like computers (and I don't consider myself to be a computer genius at all). :D

PS. The guy in my avatar is MakubeX.

Last edited:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I was high one day in college (most days come to think of it), playing the original Tony Hawk. No idea how it came about but I thought of it and have used it ever since.

MacMan

Partition Master
Thats and easy one...

I was high one day in college (most days come to think of it), playing the original Tony Hawk. No idea how it came about but I thought of it and have used it ever since.

Thats an easy one for me. One: I'm a man, at least, the last time I checked; Two: I'm primarily a Mac user and I like the play-on-words with PacMan, a game I don't even like, but what the hell... it, at least, rhymes!

madstork91

The One, The Only...
In high school I weighed 185lbs until after my junior year in high school. During my junior year my defensive coordinator told me that I reminded him of Ted Hendricks, and then called me the Mad Stork ever since. (I was 185 and 6'4'') So I've had and been using that nick ever since. The 91 came in when there were simply a few mad storks out there. (including some professor who has a student who made a tribute to him using www.madstork.com) It was my football number.

I use the name on just about anything. (~1480 hits for "madstork91" on google atm) http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=madstork91&btnG=Google+Search

Other aliases:

Stork91 (obvious disambiguation)
BigStet (My first nicknamed ever earned)
Stet (Abbreviation of name)
Vesuvias (First choice for a name in any MMO, starting with my first wiz in UO)

That's about it.

UnderRAPS

Obliviot
Ok my turn. I don't rap but I was dating my lead pizza delivery driver and to keep her from blabbing to the other people for fear of getting in trouble for fraternizing with the help...I told her to keep our relationship "under wraps".

ccdarkness

Obliviot
CCDARKNESS - my original nickname was Darkness(i'm not listening some satanic music, and don't wear black clothes ;)), when i just started to use internet (like in 2000). i was Darkness on mIRC...and i had dial-up conn :D after that i've got cable connection... so i've changed my nickname to CC(Cable Connection)darkness :D that's all...now i have fiber but still CCDARKNESS :D

moon111

Coastermaker
Named after Moonies due to my hair being shaved. (When I was a kid.) 111 comes from Dennis the Menace. He asks a horse to count to eleventeen. Been my number ever since, including on the back of my hockey jersey.

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
"Taterworks" is what I once thought I would call my web design service, but I never did any projects. The Legend Of The Taters, however, had its origins in my high school marching band career, and served as the inspiration for a variety of hilarious shenanigans.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
Just my initials with a few 1's tossed in. I just started using it everywhere to make it easy to remember.

I have no idea really. Just thought of it one day and starting using it for most of my online handles.

I thought about using my initials once (mes) or adding another 's' at the end, but I already use a combination of about three different names.