OCZ Tempest CPU Cooler

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
OCZ has released many products over the past few months, one being a new CPU cooler. It may not be much to look at, but the design promises great heat dissipation. If you are looking for a low profile air cooler that glows, read on...

Read the review and discuss it! Got it?

xDarkeRainex

Obliviot
OCZ Tempest on Asus M2N32 MoBo

Hi there,
My name is AJ. I have the Asus M2N32 SLi Deluxe Wi-Fi Edition Motherboard. Also, I have the AMD 64 X2 AM2 6000+ 3.0GHz. I had my eye on the OCZ Tempest Cooler. I see you have installed it on the same board I have, EXACT layout and all. I noticed something I was hoping wouldn't be an issue, but could an issue with time. In one of your pictures you've posted with the installation process of the OCZ Tempest on the M2N32 board the heat transfer pipes are touching on the OCZ heatsink and the M2N32 Northbridge/Chipset heat transfer pipes.

With these heat transferring pipes touching eachother, do they dissipate heat from one another? Does it effect the cooling for the northbridge/chipset, or the CPU itself? Basically, I just want to know if the heat will cross-transfer from the CPU to the northbridge/chipset or vice versa.

My e-mail:
darke.raine@gmail.com

Thank you for your time,
AJ

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I don't believe that the pipes were actually touching each other, it just appeared that way thanks to the angle. I don't recall them touching each other at all.

As for the Tempest, I am not sure it's still on sale, although I haven't checked. I know it's been discontinued for a few months now.