OCZ Releases Low Latency DDR3-1800 Modules

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
Now here is an impressive memory kit. By day, this DDR3-1800 (PC3-14400) kit has "modest" timings of 8-8-8, which has become a relative standard with enthusiast modules. However, when utilizing Intel's latest Xtreme Memory Profiles feature (in conjunction with an X38/X48-based motherboard), the modules kick it up a notch to use 7-7-7 timings.

For comparisons sake, when DDR3 first came out of the door, the first kit I received was DDR3-1333 that also had 7-7-7 timings. Right now, the best kit I have on hand is DDR3-1600, and even it uses 8-8-8 timings! Leave it to OCZ to push the envelope a wee bit further. Given the price of DDR3 though, I'd rather not know what these are going to retail for. You don't really love your Lamborghini Gallardo that much anyway, do you?

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
ocz_cl7_ddr31800_121407.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>
Sunnyvale, Calif.-December 13, 2007-
OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today announced new 1800MHz Intel Extreme Memory modules, a performance solution that implements a specification predefined and specially tailored for the Intel X48 chipset. These top-speed modules are the ideal solution for enthusiasts looking for the extra performance gains optimized memory offers their system.

Source: OCZ Press Release