OCZ Releases 4GB 1000MHz Platinum Kit

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
It's incredible to believe that less than one year ago, a performance DDR2 2GB memory kit would run you at least $300. Back then, it would have been difficult to fathom that eight months in the future, a 4GB performance kit could be had for half that. Today, there is little excuse for not picking up a 4GB kit if you are looking to build a new machine - as long as a 64-Bit OS in the plan, of course.

OCZ has just launched a new Platinum PC2-8000 kit, making them one of the few companies to do so (G. Skill also offers one, while GeIL offers a PC2-8500). Although overclocks will always vary, these modules have been able to go up to DDR2-1100 in OCZ's lab, varying primarily on the motherboard chosen (ASUS P5K Deluxe performed the best).

I would have killed for a kit like this last year... and now they are so common-place! You can pick up this particular kit when it hits retail shortly, for ~$159.99USD.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
ocz_platinum_011808.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>
Sunnyvale - CA - January 17, 20
- OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today announced the PC2-8000 Platinum Edition 4GB dual channel kit, designed to boost the performance of mainstream gaming systems. These new 2GB modules are the ultimate upgrade for entry-level enthusiasts seeking an exceptional overclocking kit at a price point that suits all budgets.

Source: OCZ Press Release

On_Wisconsin

Coastermaker
I would have killed for a kit like this last year... and now they are so common-place! You can pick up this particular kit when it hits retail shortly, for ~$159.99USD.

Amen. Bought my 2x1 GB a year back too for $200...got the 2nd pair in that summer for $90! (and now it's getting close to $50...)