OCZ GameXStream 700W

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Have a beefy system that requires a large PSU, but don't want to suffer with an ugly unit? OCZ recently released their GameXStream series which are designed with gamers specifically in mind, and promise to deliver "XStream" performance.

As always, read the review, and then discuss it here!

U

Unregistered

Review?

This is a Review? What were you doing last week, changing tires somewhere…..

“I do not have a multimeter as of yet to grab proper rail information for +12v2 - +12v4.”

They are ‘bout 20.00 dipshit, how do ya do a review without one?

“The rails overall were pretty stable, although I have two concerns. The biggest concern is the fact that the +5 rail broke through ATX standards and hit 5.27v, which is 0.02v above the said standard.”

Who gives a shit, most are trying to over volt it and you’re worried ‘bout 0.02?

“Second, the +12v1, which focuses solely on the CPU, fluctuated quite a bit from 12.14 to 12.19.”

I’ll bet you used the bios as your monitor didn’t ya?

Go back to changing tires….

madmat

Soup Nazi
I always assumed that the yankees up in VA were a bit more refined than that. I say yankees because a fine upstanding southern man wouldn't bring that kind of garbage here.

U

Unregistered

surprised that you didn't mention that it's an FSP Epsilon in disguise ...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I had actually meant to, but I was up later than I wanted to be finishing it up. Being the FSP it is, I expected better performance than was delivered. However, I still believe there could be a chance that I received a less than ideal unit.

That, or every other review site who reviewed it are liars.

:)

Jag

Obliviot
I've been running a Modstream 450 watt for a year or so and loved it. I just ordered the 600 watt version a few minutes ago in anticipation of some new hardware. Looking forward to it.