NZXT Duet

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Home Theater PCs are the fastest-growing trend in home computing. Here’s an in-depth look at enthusiast case maker NZXT’s first HTPC case, the Duet. With its tasteful looks, clever design, and ample cooling, this case has serious potential.

You can read the full review here and then discuss!

Lothar

Obliviot
I have to agree with the review conclusions. I would have rather seen dual 120mm fans, non-pop out rear slot covers, and a better way to mount 3.5" drives (or atleast conversion hardware for mounting in 5.25" bays)... With the components used, I would have made the decisions four mounting.

As far as the review itself, I would have liked to see a little more detail in the cable management portions. It was mentioned a couple times but not really explained. A couple of the pictures I saw seemed to show unique cable routings...

For the price though, it seems like a decent case alternative for an HTPC. :)

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
I've got a photo (that didn't make it into the review; not Rob's fault -- the photo didn't turn out too well) of the way the cables were routed through to the hard drives, behind the front bezel. We had just enough cable length to pull it off. Thankfully, NZXT allowed plenty of access to all the different nooks and crannies that this case had, allowing us to actually get our hands in there.

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

2 (somewhat unrelated) questions

I read the article with interest, but I've got a couple of somewhat unrelated questions to the last photo in the article.

1) What size tv is that in the last photo?

2) What brand/model furntiture is shown in the last photo? (My wife is looking for something like that)

Thanks.

U

Unregistered

Great review, one question about the case

I enjoyed the review and am interested in trying out this case for an HTPC project. My question is does the case allow for the MCE remote receiver to sit inside the case behind a window?

Thanks

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
1) That TV is 42", and it's showing Media Center at 720p resolution.

2) I don't know. I'll need to ask my parents (since it's their house and their TV in that photo).

Also, in the Duet case, my friend and I checked into the possibility of putting the MCE remote receiver behind that black window area on the front panel, but it would have required some careful modding. Ordinarily, it's obscured by a layer of opaque plastic on the inside, so in this case's stock form you couldn't hide the MCE receiver inside.