NVIDIA's Fermi Launch Delayed Until March

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
This news can be filed under "rumor", because nothing is verified, but the word that's spreading like wildfire is that NVIDIA's first Fermi-based graphics cards are going to be delayed until March. As you may recall, Fermi was originally supposed to launch late this year, but was rumored to have been pushed back until January. As it stands, it's being pushed back even further, which I'm sure makes ATI all the happier.

nvidia_fermi_111909.jpg

You can read the rest of our news post here.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
As a long time ATI fanboy, I am still not happy for this type of news. AMD has been on a free pass for the last 6 months and climbing prices for HD5xxx series cards shows this. GPU developement has been lackluster and any real major advances have been few and far between. We need more competiton for sure. Nvidia is riding the success of the GT200 and is still selling cards, but they need to get new stuff out to get video card prices back in line.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
As a long time ATI fanboy, I am still not happy for this type of news. AMD has been on a free pass for the last 6 months and climbing prices for HD5xxx series cards shows this. GPU developement has been lackluster and any real major advances have been few and far between. We need more competiton for sure. Nvidia is riding the success of the GT200 and is still selling cards, but they need to get new stuff out to get video card prices back in line.

exactly! i was hoping to buy a new GPU this summer! but if they come out by March, then it will take a lot of time for the prices to go down! i don't want to buy em as soon as they come out. Wanted to give some 4 to 5 months for the prices to drop!

ah well, my 9600GT is still kicking some serious arse! lol!:D