NVIDIA tells us the truth about CrossFire

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Wow, I don't really know what to think of NVIDIA or ATI. NVIDIA comes out with these slides that make ATI appear absolutely useless, but they include very bland and incorrect info.

They say ATI's Crossfire can *only* handle 14x AA, while the mighty SLi can support 16xAA. Of course, we would certainly notice a difference at that level. Hell, at 8xAA I can hardly see edges.

Then going on to say that nF4 Chipsets support PCI-E 1x better than ATI. Who the heck has a card that can be used in the PCI-E 1x slot? Nobody.

THEN, nTune is ONLY available with Nvidia cards. Of course it is, it's made BY NVIDIA.

Shrug. Read the full thing and make your comments here :D

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Just corporate polotics at work again. Won't these two cats ever learn to get along. I mean really, SM 3.0 doesnt do a whole lot now anyway and HDR is a hog so I personally will not be holding anything against ATi for not supporting it. If anything, I take away from that posting the idea that nVidia might be a bit worried about Crossfire. Nothing like a smear campaign before Croosfire launches. What I do know is that ATi needs this to work well. nVidia has had a huge gap where ATi has had nothing that could touch it.

I liked the page with the press comments the best. As if I am going to change my mind about anything because the Inquirer says something bad about ATi. I mean who takes the Inquirer seriously? While I think its good marketing by nVidia, I dont take much away from it at all.

Bobbythecat

E.M.I.
Ya. As official presentation material, it's tough to really take anything but their propaganda, although I am very interested in seeing a back-to-back benchmarking between the best of the corporations. nVidia might actually have the edge as they vigorously present with their slides.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Don't know if this is a coincidence or not..

But after we all seen a slew of Crossfire reviews on the web today, I received an e-mail entitled "NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Named Best for Intel CPUs!"

You won't guess who the e-mail came from. ;)