NVIDIA Rolls Out GeForce 306.02 Beta Driver

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
NVIDIA has today rolled out a fresh GeForce beta driver (306.02) that's well-worth checking out if you are playing any of the market's current hottest games or plan on jumping into Borderlands 2 once it hits. Helping to improve visual appeal of select games, NVIDIA has added official ambient occlusion support to CS: GO, Darksiders II, Guild Wars 2 and MechWarrior Online. As an added benefit for Darksiders II players, this driver also adds the ability to control MSAA and CSAA, making up for the complete lack of support by the game itself.

nvidia_gtx_680_01_thumb.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Good to hear. I just installed the drive myself, so I'll see how it fares (I half-expect a borked rig anytime I install a beta driver).

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
Good to hear. I just installed the drive myself, so I'll see how it fares (I half-expect a borked rig anytime I install a beta driver).

Well remember BETA is in 50% or more cases with Nvidia a tag given to a stable driver that has yet to be WHQL certified. Not that WHQL certified drivers are even stable who are we kidding :p

There are some true beta's and screw ups like the one beta driver that disabled over current protection and burned up that 590 we all saw on youtube.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Where betas are concerned, I've been lucky for the most part with NVIDIA. On the AMD side, every driver feels like a beta driver. I am never able to escape issues with them.