NVIDIA Dual GPU Spotted At CES

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
NVIDIA currently has the fastest, single GPU video card on the market today, the GTX 580. At this year's CES it looks like its largest North American partner, EVGA, has decided to add to that portfolio with yet another custom card.

evga_dualgpu460_011011.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Hmm, is EVGA releasing another custom-built PSU model to be sold specifically with this card? ;)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's too bad that the card uses mid-range GPUs rather than something like the GeForce GTX 580, but oh well... it's still an interesting beast.

Have any of these dual-GPU prototypes EVER hit the market, though? They seem to be shown off at every single event, but I don't remember seeing one at e-tail.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
The last dual GPU solution was the 9800 GX2 if I remember correctly and that was an actual reference card from NVIDIA. I'm not sure about custom made boards from partners.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Have any of these dual-GPU prototypes EVER hit the market, though? They seem to be shown off at every single event, but I don't remember seeing one at e-tail.

The ASUS Mars did, but the costs were really high. It was still cheaper for users to buy a pair of 480's, although I guess if they absolutely had only one PCIe slot to use...