Nvidia 7900GT and GTX

So who wants to jump on the nex Gen bandwagon? I know I will, I already have a 7900GTX pre-ordered with my wholeseller, as these babys look to be able to provide some massive OC'ing ansome nice increse in performance. I will have to post some benchies once i get these bad boys going!

anyone else going to jump on these...??

madmat

Soup Nazi
I'm interested in both but unfortunately at the present time I have filet mignon tastes on a navel lint budget...

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Yeah, how much would it be to order up a 7900gt through your wholesalers? Looking at ~400 for a GTX is the reason I didn't go for one to start with. If you've got any info you can link us to it'd be much appreciated. Anything on the cards and chips please.

Jakal said:
Yeah, how much would it be to order up a 7900gt through your wholesalers? Looking at ~400 for a GTX is the reason I didn't go for one to start with. If you've got any info you can link us to it'd be much appreciated. Anything on the cards and chips please.

As I have a great relationship with my reseller I cannot give info on Cards that are under NDA for the most part. but once the card is in hand on March 11th "estimated shipping date" I would be more than willing to take images and give you all the info on the card.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Sledgehammer70 said:
As I have a great relationship with my reseller I cannot give info on Cards that are under NDA for the most part. but once the card is in hand on March 11th "estimated shipping date" I would be more than willing to take images and give you all the info on the card.

I don't think they could quote nda abuse if you gave him an offhand amount, it doesn't have to be exact but "somewhere in the neighborhood" of the MSRP...I've heard $299 for the GT so I'd expect $400 or so for a GTX.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
That's what I was wondring. I'm not trying to be nosey or nothing but roughly how much I could order one for. I could probably get a decent resell for my card now on ebay. With the aftermarket cooler and possibly a mod, it might pay for the newer card.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
<a href ="http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=907">7900 Specs</a>
It looks like so far everyone is quoting these people on specs. If what they've got listed is true, then where's this huge clock speed we're talking about? 450Mhz core?
Ram speeds aren't listed but I'm going to guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 2Ghz. We're still looking at $350+ for a GT model, $600 for a GTX and $250 for the 7600GT. <a href ="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29983">Prices</a>

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
These are not really "next-gen", but current gen with better clocks. I think I'll wait until the 8* series :)

Jakal

Tech Monkey
That's the logical thing, in my opinion. Yeah so the newer cards will offer a faster core, well why spend the money now when you can save up for the next core release. Smart man.. smart man.

werty316

Partition Master
Yeah the 7800 and 7900 use the same cores I think. The 7900 cards are just the 7800 cards on steroids.

madmat

Soup Nazi
The 7900 is supposedly moving to a smaller process though. I'm interested to see how the 7900's do in real life.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
From alot of the RUMORS going around, there won't be a big performance increase, just the core die shrink and lower all round prices. But the release dates are just around the corner. I know a guy that has a reff set of the 7900GTX cards, but he's not even hinting at anything right now. I may have to take a trip over to his house for a lookie see as he only lives about a hour and a half away. That's the same thing I had to do when I wanted to play with the FX60 along with the X1900XTX CrossFire system.................;)