Nintendo Rumored to Announce Wii Successor in Weeks Ahead

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
In the video game scheme of things, we're in a bit of an unusual time right now, as all three of the market-leading consoles have been available for a long time. Prior to the launch of all three, it wasn't unusual to see a successor with a couple of years of a console being launched, but as it stands, the Xbox 360 has been out for about five-and-a-half years, while both the PS3 and Wii have been available for one less year than that.

nintendo_wii_large_news_logo.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I've read a few articles about this, one of which claims the Wii 2 will be able to pull of 1080p ('bout time!) and will feature a whole new Wii-mote instead of a redesigned version of the original. It's rumoured to have a touch screen. Fancy.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I'm amazed that it took this long. They have needed an HD console, even if it's a rehash of the original Wii, for quite a while.

I like the idea of an HD Zelda.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I like the idea of an HD Zelda.

As long as it doesn't use motion, I'd be stoked to see that. I really need to go back to Zelda for the Wii and clear it. The motion ended up getting on my nerves so much that I just shelved it.